2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by packie1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider packie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hello All
I am working on a Sys 80 A game Rack 'Em Up. It was working fine until my friend replaced a drop target. Now it lits up and shows the displays. You can add credit and when you push the start button the game goes to player 1 and the game resets and appears ready to play. It will not shoot the ball into the shooter lane and if you hit any of the bumpers or rollover switches, the game does not register anything. If I put the game into test mode, all the tests including the solenoid test are perfect. I have checked the coin door slam switch and it works if I trigger it. I can hold in the game over relay and the pop bumpers and flippers will work. I have not done the slam switch fix on the cpu as I assumed the slam switch was working correctly. Any ideas on where to look now?
Thanks
Mike

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I'm not familiar with the machine, but did you check the switch for the outhole - the one the ball rests on after the ball drains? If it has one, the game may not sense a ball is in there. Use a meter to check the switch, and use the ball to activate the switch.

Yes I did. It is workking correctly.
Thanks
Mike

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

You state that "all tests work correctly".
Have you gone into switch test and tested all of the switches?
I suspect that the switch matrix was damaged when the drop target was replaced.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Thanks Chris. I did but I will re-check.I did have one of the rollover that did not register when depressed. Assumed it was just one bad switch.
Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider packie1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sys-80a-game-will-not-start-a-game-will-not-lunch-a-ball?tu=packie1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.