(Topic ID: 288498)

Gottlieb Sys 80 Strange Tilt relay problem (solved)

By 80spit

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by 80spit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Working on a Early Sys 80 MPU, It passes the 5 test's using Marco's test rom and the pinitech adapter, putting this in a known working Pin, when starting to boot, the Tilt relay constantly pulses and fails to boot, never ran into this Just to note, Reset section was rebuilt using a Dallas reset IC. I pulled U6 Riot and swapped it out, no change, currently running this in a Circus pin
Any Idea's where I should be looking before I start shot gunning parts
Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Well, I figured this one out, just posting this for reference. might help someone else later
Turns out the board was strapped for a single 2716 rom
I was trying to use a set of original masked roms, hence the reset relay pulsed on and off continually. Burned a combined 2716 rom and it's all good now. Another board returned to life

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sys-80-strange-tilt-relay-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.