4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by maddog14
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maddog14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have performed all ground. I have rebuilt power supply. All voltages are proper. The CPU board is getting 5 volts. The 12volt cap has been replaced. Pin 40 on 6502 is getting steady 4.46v. The reset circuit has been rebuilt with upgrade parts from GPE. I have not freshened the caps on the reset board yet. I have not replaced the chips on the z2 or z3. I have replaced the y1 crystal

When i turn machine on most of the time the machine will not boot. I have to toggle the machine on and off several times before it will boot. With the reset board plugged in. The machine resets. Everything says to replace the caps.

With the reset board unplugged the game plays just fine. It is just the boot issue where I have to toggle the machine on and off several times. Sometimes I can turn it on and it boots just fine.

When I turn the machine on and it DOES NOT boot. All of the displays are blank.

Anyone have any insight they can share?

5 months later
#3 4 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Until you get the machine running - leave the reset board disconnected.
To me - problem sounds like there is still an issue within the reset section.
Possibly battery corrosion took out a trace -somewhere-?
When it does not boot - can you force a reset and see what happens?
To do this - briefly jumper across capacitor C36.
And measure the voltage across resistor R50.

I gave up and purchased a rottendog board... and like magic, everything works. I think I probably should have replaced the chips and crystal on the bottom too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maddog14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sys-80-spirit-boot-issue?tu=maddog14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.