Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Grizlyrig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Greetings, I have a Q*Berts Quest which i am having issues with. Been having some odd issues on this table, which had "kinda" been resolved with some pins peing re-connected.

Last night i had an issue on another machine which led to a our power switch being triggered. I reset the switch and everything booted up again, however Q*Bert now boots up with no PF lights/lamps at all. The BG lights up, however TILT is being lit up to.

When the game boots up, the the all PF lights do light up for about 1 second, but do not stay on. So these lights do work, but just dont stay on.

All fuses have been checked and replaced, including the bumper ones. The manual suggest there should be 2 fuses in fusespot F9, however i cannot find any F9 around. The bottom fuses go up to 8 & then 10-13 are under the PF. Not f9 to be seen.

Game will start up, but no flipper again.

Boards are original - not Pascal Janin

Anyone know how i should look to resolve this - does this sound likely to be a board issue?

#2 3 years ago

I think F9 is designated for your power line into the machine.
If it is in tilt that would turn off the the playfield lights. Check the Q relay function and all tilt/slam switches.
What are the displays doing during this..that also helps diagnose the machine.
-Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sys-80-lamps-not-staying-on-at-boot-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.