(Topic ID: 227547)

Gottlieb Sys 3 Sol Driver running... ...sllooww...?

By Coyote

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by G-P-E
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rDaIazg (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarAlb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

Maybe a stupid remark…..did u measure the secondary voltages? Is your game maybe jumpered for 220-240V operation??

There should be a connector at the tramsformer panel with just jumper wires. Gottlieb delivered for each voltage a jumper with specific wire colors. Blue and green are for 220VAC 240VAC operation (correct me if my memory is failing in this). They used orange also if I am correct. You can compare it with your working game.

1 week later
#13 5 years ago

Why doing the groundmod in system 3 games? Gottlieb used decent connectors in system 3. Groundmod is not needed.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

It isn't the quality or otherwise of the connectors. They simply didn't wire some grounds in place.
This can cause all sorts of voltage errors because of some floating grounds.
The suggested mods tie all the grounds together as they should have been in the first place and prevent random things as well as damage to the electronics.

Quoted from wayout440:

The biggest reason to perform the mod is because the boards in the backbox are not mounted to a metal plate with conductive standoffs.
Full explanation detail in your Gottlieb repair bible:
http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/#gnd

I know the groundmod myths already and I just strongly disagree to perform them in sytem 3 games. We are running a >100 game collection, from which many Gottliebs, I am also a volunteer in a pinball repairshop 1 day in a week. I never saw a system 3 game having problems with grounds. System 80 games do and also those in which groundmods were already performed but in such a way they are causing more problems then solving them. But of course....everyone can work on their machines in the way they want. I do it my way (and don't follow the hurd….better to think by yourself from time to time as I learned as a technician/engineer).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarAlb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sys-3-sol-driver-running-sllooww?tu=MarAlb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.