(Topic ID: 248051)

Gottlieb Sys 3 Coil Blowing Fuse (But Delayed)

By Kyrosfear

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by 0geist0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Gentlemen,
Short: I have a Frank Thomas Big Hurt that is blowing a fuse (F24; 1/2amp, SB), but it takes time (i.e., approximately 5-10 coil activations) before it blows.

Long: The shooter lane of this game has a ramp that raises during mulitball to allow the additional balls to travel to the back of the playfield before they enter play. Each time one of these additional balls is loaded into the shooter lane, the coil fires to raise the ramp. It is a four-ball multiball, so the coil fires three individual times during each multiball session. After approximately 5-10 individual coil activations, the fuse blows. The coil is an A-26450 and ohms out at 43 ohms, which is appropriate.

I would appreciate any advice/help on where to look.
Thanks,
-Kyros

1 week later
#2 4 years ago

Gentlemen,
I am still looking for some help with this one.
Thanks,
-Kyros

#3 4 years ago

Probably the sheath inside the coil who is deformed by coil heating...try by manual moves if the plunger slide easily in the sheath coil, also test all respective mechanical parts attached to this ramp, clean them and grease them ...also put a drop of oil inside the sheath, be care to not put to much oil inside the coil.

#4 4 years ago

New plunger and sleeve, no oil.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sys-3-coil-blowing-fuse-but-delayed?hl=benhurr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.