(Topic ID: 201811)

gottlieb sweet hearts

By willie0912

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I recently got a sweet hearts machine.I got it to function almost all the way with the exception of the ball return.When the ball is drained it does not recognize the ball is over and sometimes when the game is powered up the coil will energize and not d energize I do not have schematics which makes this a bit of a challenge and no labels on the relays.I think it may be in the ball over relay but do not know which one it is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Bill

#2 6 years ago

Getcher self a schematic from PBR. Well worth it. http://www.pbresource.com/

#3 6 years ago

Sounds like the trough switch the ball sets on when it drains. Adjust it and see if that helps.

#4 6 years ago

Before adjusting the switch try jumpering it to see if that makes a difference.

#5 6 years ago

Normally, the trough coil is de-energized through the 1-point and/or 10 point relay in the head, (a normally closed switch on one of these relays will open, breaking the circuit to the trough coil). Your problem sounds as though the 3 free-standing switches right at the trough coil itself need to be adjusted. Without looking, I believe the switch closest to the coil is the lock-on switch. When this switch closes, (during start-up), the trough coil stays energized until 1 or 10 points are scored. On Sweet Hearts, stays energized until the ball passes through one of the 5 rollovers up top. This opens the N/C switch on the 10-point relay and breaks the circuit to the trough coil.

It's very easy to accidently bump the trough coil switch stack when accessing something through the coin door, throwing off the adjustment of these 3 switches. Sounds like this happened on your game and that first switch is never opening. The first switch is N/O, the other 2 behind it are N/C. Good luck!

#6 6 years ago

Thanks I will give that a try and let you know.Bill

1 month later
#7 6 years ago

seems everything was ok I was told that machine needs 5 balls to play tried it and worked fine leave it up to gottlieb Thanks again for your input

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sweet-hearts?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.