Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gjm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I just talked to the owner of the pinball playfield protectors buisness in Germany. He said he needs at least 6 people to commit to him about making a protector for the Surfer/ Surf Champ playfield to make it cost effective. I would like to have one while we wait for Wade to make the playfields, (which may never happen).
Would anyone be interested also? I have 2 people so far including myself, the other guy is the one who started the thread about getting a list together for Wade but that is still 9 people short I believe.

#2 1 year ago

I'm interested in both the playfield protector and the playfield. How do I add my name to the list?

#3 1 year ago

thanks gjm
I am in on this as well as the new playfield

contact gjm for the protector list

and head to this thread for the playfield list with only 7 more people to action that possible project
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wade-krause-repro-gottlieb-surf-champ-playfield#post-4784980

1 month later
#4 1 year ago

-

#5 1 year ago

gjm @gjm I would be interested in the protector. What is the cost?

For the new playfield I'm not sure if I want to spend the money at this time.

#6 1 year ago

I would be in on both the Plastic Protectors and the Playfield Protector.

Want to preserve a Gottlieb Surfer for my son, so this is helpful.

#7 1 year ago

Thanks, I will add your names to the list right now and send it to him.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

He asked me if I know how to do a playfield scan.
I said, no.
Do you?

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

gjm @gjm I would be interested in the protector. What is the cost?
For the new playfield I'm not sure if I want to spend the money at this time.

I said, no.
Do you?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks gjm
I am in on this as well as the new playfield
contact gjm for the protector list
and head to this thread for the playfield list with only 7 more people to action that possible project
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wade-krause-repro-gottlieb-surf-champ-playfield#post-4784980

I said, no.
Do you?

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipS:

I'm interested in both the playfield protector and the playfield. How do I add my name to the list?

I said, no.
Do you?

#12 1 year ago

Do I know how to do a playfield scan? Yes.
Do I have time to do a playfield scan? No.

The whole point of buying a protector is so that I can get one without doing the work. If I'm going to do the work why wouldn't I just make the protector myself?

#13 1 year ago

have to agree with Fifty while I know how to do the scan but stripping the playfield to do that is alot of work and if I did that I would then route one myself. Doesn't sound like he overly keen to make them.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Do I know how to do a playfield scan? Yes.
Do I have time to do a playfield scan? No.
The whole point of buying a protector is so that I can get one without doing the work. If I'm going to do the work why wouldn't I just make the protector myself?

I agree with you 100%
My guess is Micro in Germany is pulling my chain on this plan.
He has not returned any of my emails for over 2 weeks.
Sorry to have wasted my time and especially yours.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

have to agree with Fifty while I know how to do the scan but stripping the playfield to do that is alot of work and if I did that I would then route one myself. Doesn't sound like he overly keen to make them.

I agree with you 100%

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

I agree with you 100%

I still appreciate the effort. I have a hard time believing that Surf Champ doesn't have a protector out there for sale, but based on this thread I guess the demand just isn't there.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Just received an email from Micro, he is going to make the playfield protector in about 2 weeks.
Please email him about wanting one.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I still appreciate the effort. I have a hard time believing that Surf Champ doesn't have a protector out there for sale, but based on this thread I guess the demand just isn't there.

Just received an email from Micro, he is going to make the playfield protector in about 2 weeks.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

#21 1 year ago

gjm who do we contact exactly?

#22 1 year ago

How do you scan a playfield? Anyone have details on the type of scanner used?

#23 1 year ago

I would use a good DSLR camera with a 35- 50 mm lens on a copy stand or and overhead tripod. There are old technology scanners with flush surface glass still around but they are getting hard to find. I collect scanners and have seven but none of them will work, when you lay the thing flat on the surface there is a slight gap that makes the image come out slightly blurry.

With a sharp lens 1.2 to 1.8 on a digital camera it will come out fine, then pc. it together in Photoshop.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

mirco@playfield-protectors.com

#25 1 year ago

Do you lay a paper ruler or scale reference on the playfield when you take the photo?

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Skidave:

Do you lay a paper ruler or scale reference on the playfield when you take the photo?

I do not know how to do it. This guy in Germany is going to do it: mirco@playfield-protectors.com
Email him to order one, he said it will be ready to purchase in about 2 weeks.

1 week later
#27 1 year ago

Micro is taking pre-orders for the protector. It is listed on his site: mirco@playfield-protectors.com

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Micro is taking pre-orders for the protector. It is listed on his site: mirco@playfield-protectors.com

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Skidave:

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Portland, OR
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 8.40
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 180.00
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 79.99
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 263.55
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
€ 279.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside