• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Raff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

Hi All,
My Surfer used to change which Add bonus rollover was lit up when the spinner spun but no longer does. I cleaned and checked the spinner contacts but that didn't help. I recently tweaked the AX relay is it possible that is the culprit or should I look elsewhere. Any advice or direction is greatly appreciated.

#2 6 months ago

Does the AS relay still spin properly when the spinner spins? Does the spinner still score points?

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from Blue-el34:

... Any advice or direction is greatly appreciated.

Do you have the schematic? If not, get one.

#4 6 months ago

zacaj
I found the KS relay with the dried remains of a rubber band around it's spring. This appears to be the problem.
Thank you for the direction.

#5 6 months ago

HowardR
Thanks, I do have the schematic but I'm still learning how to read it. Thanks to zacaj I now can see on the schematic that the KS relay is the obvious starting point and is indeed the problem. Thank you for your patience with a pinball noob.

#6 6 months ago

on the circuit board connected to the ks relay there is two sides , one side only controls the add bonus light , undo the two screws holding the spring take it off ,then the washer then the double sided pivots , use some circuit board cleaner give the board a good clean, then with some sand paper giver the two pivots a clean, that pivot arm give it a little bend to make sure it is making contact with board then put it back together the same way you take it off, and check it with a dmm to make sure its making contact , make sure when you put the spring arm back on that its not to tight on or the pivot arm wont move freely around

#7 6 months ago

Raff thank you I will give this a go next time I am servicing it but for now its playing well.

PS
When I was a kid my family lived in west lakes/semaphore area sea side and I have many fond memories of Bloods matches

#8 6 months ago

footy games are not played at west lakes anymore there all played at Adelaide oval now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chapel Hill, NC
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 19.95
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
$ 105.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 18.95
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 24.50
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 12,500.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside