6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mbaumle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Surf n Safari and am getting under the Switch Matrix test the errors:
    Right Kick Rubber 14
    trough 25
    When you do the diag test the coil for the right kick rubber works.
    During game play the coil does not work. Perhaps the two sensors next to the coil?

#2 6 years ago

So, if I understand you correctly, your game is not registering the right kicking rubber switch or the trough switch.

I'd first start with the right kicking rubber switch. Make sure that neither switch is stuck closed--a common issue since those switches get pounded by the ball. With the rubber ring stretched across, they should have a small gap between both. When either gap is closed, it'll activate the coil. If the game senses that the switch is stuck closed, it'll deactivate the coil so that it doesn't burn out. As for the trough switch, I believe that is a microswitch (rather than a typical leaf switch used elsewhere). These cannot be adjusted, but they do sometimes fail. I'd first start by checking that the ball in the trough activates the switch physically. If it's not pushing the wire activator down far enough, it might just be as simple as gently bending back into place. Otherwise, the switch may have gone bad, and would need replacement.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-surf-n-safari-1991-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.