1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Surf Champ ball return (resized).JPG
#1 1 year ago

Hi, A friend has asked me to try and fix this. When the ball falls into the out hole , the motor just spins and is doesnt fire it out again.
I have looked for a schematic but not found any. Any advice welcomed thanks. I have fixed my Williams Paddock sevral times but never seen a Gottlieb.

#2 1 year ago

I have found schematic but...still advice welcome, thanks

#3 1 year ago

There are only 3 switches involved in kicking the ball out from the outhole. A switch on the O relay makes the score motor turn (that's obviously working), then these 3 switches need to be working correctly. If one of the 3 isn't closing, you'll have to figure out why.

Surf Champ ball return (resized).JPGSurf Champ ball return (resized).JPG
#4 1 year ago

The problem might be that the machine is stuck in bonus collection mode, keeping the score motor running via the bonus score relay. When the bonus unit counts down to zero, a zero position blade switch ( probably a make/break switch ) will transfer power from the bonus score relay to the O ball return relay, allowing the ball to be kicked out from the outhole. Clean and adjust switch if needed.

#5 1 year ago

You can also inspect to make sure both wires are still soldered to the terminals of the out hole solenoid. A broken-off wire or poor solder joint could result in your issue.

Alternatively, you could use jumpers to directly send power to the solenoid terminals to verify the solenoid is functional. I've jumpered from the coin reject coil inside the coin door before, but even using a 9V battery should make the plunger at least twitch.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from paulace:

There are only 3 switches involved in kicking the ball out from the outhole. A switch on the O relay makes the score motor turn (that's obviously working), then these 3 switches need to be working correctly. If one of the 3 isn't closing, you'll have to figure out why.
[quoted image]

There's that BX saying hi again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-surf-champ-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.