Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Billc479
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello all, When I start a 1 player 3-ball or 5 ball game, the backbox indicates 3rd or 5th ball. When I drain 1st ball it stays on 3rd ball but now scores for player 4. It then switches back and forth scoring for player 1 then 4 and seemingly never ends. I do not have a schematic and this is a first time repair on EM. I've been through about 100 different titles of SS machines and think I can fix this with your help. Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond.

#2 3 years ago

It sounds like the player unit is not in the correction position at the start of a game. Check the player unit and manually operate/rotate the player unit to make sure it rotates smoothly and "clicks" into each position.

#3 3 years ago

You need to clean all the stepper units - if one is dirty, they are all dirty and sticky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-surf-champ-ball-and-player-problems?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.