• Latest reply 3 years ago by 1979wade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

I'm new to repairing em's and am having some problems getting my Sure Shot working. Currently when I press the replay button the motor will start running and won't stop unless i manually put the ball in the trough. The game will work and play well until the ball is drained then again the motor will start. The other issue is the score reels, currently only the tens and hundreds seem to be working in game play and none reset at all. Any ideas on what I should be looking at, or adjusting next? Thank you.

#2 3 years ago

Start with cleaning the score reels. After they are all clean see what is happening. Dirty score reels often don't reset. The game will not start normally without the score reels properly reset.

#3 3 years ago

duplicate post

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from 1979wade:

when I press the replay button the motor will start running and won't stop unless i manually put the ball in the trough

How far is it getting in the startup sequence?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 3 years ago

smailskid How would you recommend cleaning the score reels? I did clean the contacts on the zero and nine switches. Thanks

#6 3 years ago

HowardR I will confirm how far its getting in the startup this evening. Thanks

#7 3 years ago

Reset the score reels to zero by hand. Start a game. I bet it starts..

Here are some guides to get you started.

https://homepinballrepair.com/em-score-reels-gottlieb/

https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Score_Reels_2

#8 3 years ago

smailskid I'll try resetting them this evening. Thanks

#9 3 years ago

HowardR it’s harder than I would have thought to see how far it gets in the start up. It looks like AX only pulls in for a second and JX seems to only pulse once.

The Q relay seems to be pulsing on and off when the motor is turning.

#10 3 years ago

smailskid I manually reset the score reels but it still didn’t start a game.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from 1979wade:

AX only pulls in for a second

AX has 2 coils. After the AX coil (with Green-Yellow wire) activates, does the AX Reset coil (with Orange-White-Red wire) activate before the score reels find their way to zero?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from 1979wade:

smailskid I manually reset the score reels but it still didn’t start a game.

Yes, I should have asked you if you could hear the clack clack clack of the relay trying to reset the score reels. Obviously it is not getting this far in the start up sequence. You are going to have to work through that as HowardR has suggested.

#13 3 years ago

Are the score reels 2nd or 3rd generation? I just want to make sure I set the switches correctly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sure-shot-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.