1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tnarv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Have a 1975 Gottlieb Sure Shot EM pinball that has an annoying intermittent problem. When this machine came to our shop I started the game(ball was already in outhole)game started, scoring reels reset to zero but ball did not kick out to shooter lane. After some tinkering I decided to just for the heck of it to activate the Start relay. Game went through normal start-up saw what I think was some sort of stepper unit activate and the outhole coil energized and kicked the ball into the shooter lane. Played 5 to 10 games and the problem never returned. I realized then that I was now in trouble. Now I have a machine that sometimes starts properly and sometimes doesn't. Highly intermittent! The game was subsequently taken back to it's owner and, low and behold the machine was returned with the same problem. Did the same routine as I explained above and got the same results. Game starts and reels reset but no kickout to shooter lane. I did adjust a couple contacts on the start relay and another one(can't think of the name of hand but I can get more info). I'm going to check the exact startup sequence on this machine and see if there's anything fishy looking. If anyone has experienced this i would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks.

#2 1 year ago

Just a dirty contact somewhere. You must be new to ems. I would check the score motor contacts and the outhole contacts first. You already cleaned the startup sequence relays, you said.

#3 1 year ago

I am fairly new to EM's although I've seen a few over the years. Have a Gottlieb Atlas 2 player pinball and used to own a Gottlieb Brite Star pinball that my mother gave away in 1968 when I served in the Army. Ouch! Didn't bother me at the time but I sure wish I had that pin now. The intermittent part of this is why it's been tough to troubleshoot. I'll check other relays more thoroughly when I get to the shop. It's kind of a guessing game right now so I have to do what I can to eliminate the problem and hopefully it won't occur again. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated! I'll let you know of any new developments.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Singer Pinball Designs
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside