You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sure Shot Operating Instructions (resized).jpg
Add Bonus Unit Wire (resized).jpg
Add Bonus Switch (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello Pinside members, would like a little help for my Sure Shot. I'm attaching 2 pictures as when I lifted the playfield to replace a #47 lamp I found this wire pulled loose. Since then on startup sequence "Q" relay never fires, "Game Over" light & match numbers stay lit on backglass and ball return coil never fires. I believe this wire is the cause.

The wire on right side of pic goes somewhere, not sure where. The schematic shows going to "0" position on bonus unit but I don't see how as when the bonus unit advances the wire is not long enough to reach to the end. The other side of Add bonus switch (YEL-RED in schematic) ohms out good to "Z" relay. The wire pulled loose is SL-RED but not sure where it goes.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Add Bonus Switch (resized).jpgAdd Bonus Switch (resized).jpgAdd Bonus Unit Wire (resized).jpgAdd Bonus Unit Wire (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Thought I would add operating instructions.

Sure Shot Operating Instructions (resized).jpgSure Shot Operating Instructions (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

That wire probably connects to the metal frame of the bonus unit. It originally had a ring at it’s end and was mounted under one of the allen head screws on the advance coil bracket.

#5 4 years ago

Thank you pinballdaveh, all good now....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sure-shot-1976-add-bonus-switch-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.