Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Boatcat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I am working on a Super Soccer and the 500-point scoring does not work (no points, no chimes, no bonus balls). There doesn't seem to be any action at all on the relay, so it seems to eliminate any hold switches in the relay itself.

Things I have observed:
I can manually activate the 500-point relay and it seems to work.
I have jumpered the relay from another and it seems to fire correctly (eliminates coil).
The 100-point scoring for the same switches works--they just don't work when they switch to being worth 500 points (eliminates playfield switches and connectors).
The issue occurs for *all* of the 500-point switches.

Does someone have a schematic that they can look at or post a snippet from to see what activates this relay?

And the spinners also do not appear to be scoring--may be related?

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 8 years ago

Best to order a schematic from Pinball Resource

Did you check level 1A of the score motor? This usually controls scoring among other things. Look for the card that's stapled to the inside of the cabinet just above the score motor. It will tell you what switch controls the hundreds scoring.

#3 8 years ago

Yes--understand about the schematics. I am trying to get this machine ready for Kalamazoo show, so if I don't get it working by then, I will certainly be ordering them.

#4 8 years ago

First off, check and make sure all connections are good in the head. Very common problem with this symptom is when a plug has been neglected.

If the 500 point relay is not getting energized, check the alternating relay. Sounds to me as though a switch on this relay is not completing the circuit to the 500 point relay. Open the playfield and prop on it's pedestal, while hitting something scoring 10 points, you should be able to find a relay energizing and de-energizing, this is the alternating relay. Clean and check all switches. Good luck!

#5 8 years ago

The switching for 500 points actually depends on the ball that is in play. The top 4 lanes are lit (for 500) on Ball 1, Ball 3, Ball 4, and then Ball 5 (cumulative). The side lanes and inlanes are only lit (for 500) during Ball 5. Each has its own relay. Since none of these were working, it likely was not the individual switches in the relay(s) themselves.

What the 500 scoring problem turned out to be was a normally-closed switch on the Outhole Relay. I cleaned and adjusted this and everything is peachy.

As far as the spinners, the problem turned out to be a normally-closed switch on the Yellow Hole Relay. Cleaned and adjusted this switch and those are now working as well.

After a little bit of alligator-clip juju, looking at my Gottlieb 300 schematics for reference, and a few ginger ales, I was able to fumble my way through it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

By the way, it is for sale.

#6 7 years ago

Sorry............Didn't know the scoring values were progressive, I thought they simply alternated. Hope I didn't mislead you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-super-soccer-500-point-scoring-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.