Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SuperDaveOsbourn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from JasonE:

First let me say I'm not much of an EM guy. I usually stick to solid state machines, and even do my own board work.
I've got a Gottlieb Super Soccer here that doesn't reset the score reels correctly. It does go into game play now that I fixed stepper mechanism in the back box. The switches appear to be working correctly on the reels, but they don't reset to 0 on startup. Sometimes it will try to reset player 3/4 and move them a few turns, but rarely successfully. Being a Gottlieb, I haven't found a schematic available online either to help.
Any suggestions would be appreciated to save me time on this one.

Likely typical maladjusted 0 position switches. Just clean and adjust, so that zero position is closed when on zero.
Sand paper, 400-600 grit, or emery board, or even an old school card stock business card. There is plenty
of this on CH's site, and on the web. USENET has a ton about this on the RGP group.
Definitely a fun game with the end of bonus ball feature, as well as collect bonus in play. Not a great game,
but a solid good game with backglass animation, lame artwork, and a good playfield layout with twin spinners.
Over all a 7.3-7.5 in my book, and good enough to get 200-300 when whoomped up and sold to unsuspecting noobs.

I'm a proponent of breaking down the entire game upon receiving it, cleaning and adjusting everything
and moving forward to fixing issues if I missed them. However as a noob, that is not advised by many. I disagree.
You will learn much more by taking the ENTIRE game apart, documenting, and then putting it back together.
This is also true in life itself. I hope that helps. Nice game/title/make/model/play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SuperDaveOsbourn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-super-soccer-1?tu=SuperDaveOsbourn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.