Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2648 (resized).JPG
player wheel (resized).jpg
TA start up (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

I am a new pinball owner - just picked up this super soccer machine. The scores will not reset when I start a new game. If someone could point me in the right direction to troubleshoot I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

I know there is a a/x relay that needs to be dead on for the reset to be complete. It is in the bottom cabinet.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I am a new pinball owner - just picked up this super soccer machine. The scores will not reset when I start a new game. If someone could point me in the right direction to troubleshoot I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

Are any of the score units trying to reset?

Level 1A of the score motor - make sure those contacts are clean and adjusted properly
Also located in the back of the head - Z1 resets players 1 & 2, Z2 resets players 3 & 4 - the contacts in those relays need to be cleaned and adjusted properly

#4 6 years ago

I'll check those out. This is my first EM game and I've been trying to read up but it's overwhelming at the start.

#5 6 years ago

Do the Z1 and Z2 relays pull in during startup? If not, this is the circuit to check.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#6 6 years ago

pinrepair.com/em is a must read if you didn't already know

#7 6 years ago

I've been reading the pinrepair guides a bunch but like I said, starting is overwhelming. Fortunately Z1 & Z2 are labeled in the backbox so now I have a place to start.

#8 6 years ago

This is the start up for TA, but they're probably similar. Also, check your player unit disc's rivets and contacts for cleanliness. Give a light sanding with 600# sand paper.

TA start up (resized).jpgTA start up (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago

There's a good video on pinrepair.com explaining that AX relay too

#10 6 years ago

I've identified a broken wire on my player wheel -- see attached image (sorry for the bad pic). The broken wire is in the red circle. I'm not sure where to re-attach. Do I attach where the red arrow is pointing? I tried touching the wire to that solder point and running through the game start sequence but my scores still aren't resetting (Z1 and Z2 switches don't move).

How do I trace/locate where all of the wires on the player wheel are supposed to go?

player wheel (resized).jpgplayer wheel (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

I can't exactly see the wire colors, but if it's White&Slate, that's likely the wire that's keeping Z1 and Z2 from firing. Re locating where the wire should go, either contact some of the 50 Super Soccer owners, or work it out from the schematic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/super-soccer/owners

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Re locating where the wire should go, either contact some of the 50 Super Soccer owners

I can check mine when I get home tonight.

#13 6 years ago

Thanks. I guess people don't post schematics online so if I can't find a nice person online to help out I'll have to pony up some $$ to buy schematics and learn how to read them

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I can check mine when I get home tonight.

Does this picture help?

IMG_2648 (resized).JPGIMG_2648 (resized).JPG

#15 6 years ago

Thank you. I'll have to check tonight but I think my wiring is a little different. I'm starting to think my rivets on the player unit are just dirty and not making perfect contact. The top plat may need to be adjusted. I'm getting the reset to work intermittently now. New problem is that my player 3 light is on all the time, and my player 4 light never lights up.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I'm starting to think my rivets on the player unit are just dirty and not making perfect contact. The top plat may need to be adjusted. I'm getting the reset to work intermittently now. New problem is that my player 3 light is on all the time, and my player 4 light never lights up.

Rivets will do it. I was all over the place on my TA and all it finally took was a light sanding. Not sure about this, but on TA the player lites run thru the coin unit.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I'll have to check tonight but I think my wiring is a little different.

Mine works.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Does this picture help?

In your picture (and most other player unit pics I've seen) there are 2 white wires going to a screw on the player unit frame. I would guess these would be ground wires. I don't have any wires going to the frame like that, but I DO have several wires going to the solenoid behind the player unit (which I think is where my broken wire is supposed to go).

Quoted from currieddog:

Rivets will do it. I was all over the place on my TA and all it finally took was a light sanding. Not sure about this, but on TA the player lites run thru the coin unit.

TA is Target Alpha? My parents had that pin when I was a kid. I would love to get one again.

#19 6 years ago

Dirty rivets was the culprit. All working now.

I also was able to get all of my chimes working by removing each chime, removing the solenoid plungers, and cleaning them with 600grit sandpaper.

My first pin won't be my last

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

TA is Target Alpha? My parents had that pin when I was a kid. I would love to get one again.

It is. I see a fair amt. of them for sale; keep your eyes out!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Dirty rivets was the culprit. All working now.
I also was able to get all of my chimes working by removing each chime, removing the solenoid plungers, and cleaning them with 600grit sandpaper.
My first pin won't be my last

Exactly, you will find space!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-super-soccer-1975-score-wont-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.