(Topic ID: 11694)

Gottlieb Super Soccer 1 and 2 player problem

By boomer

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I have a Gottleib Super Soccer that works perfectly as long as 3 or 4 players are selected. The problem is that it plays a TOTAL of three balls regardless of whether 1 or 2 players are selected. On top of that, ball number one is scored on player 1's score reel (with the usual ball one - 1000pt./ball bonus), ball number two is scored on player 2's score reel (with the usual ball two - 2000pt./ball bonus), ball number three is scored on player 3's score reel (with the usual ball three - 3000pt./ball bonus), followed by game over. Any suggestions for this EM newbie would be appreciated.

#2 12 years ago

Hmmm ..... I think this happened to me once
let me check my notes/log and get back to you.

#3 12 years ago

It's your player unit in the back box that needs to be checked out boomer
on a 4 player game what ever player is up (#1-#4) a set of switches will be made
the points scored 10pt ,100pt, 1000pt relays etc will go through these stacks to the players score window.
however if an adjacent switch from another stack is out of adjustment then it will also add points in it's score window.
You have to look very hard and manually advance each player one at a time with power off,
use your adjustment tool to set the contacts after cleaning .
Not an easy job however if you take the time you will get it perfect

#4 12 years ago

HELLODEADCITY, thanks for the advice. It looks like I have some work cut out for me.

#5 12 years ago

Good luck boomer
I have a super soccer and had a soccer in the past both great machines

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 16.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
$ 98.95
Electronics
Penny K Pinball
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-super-soccer-1-and-2-player-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.