• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7195 (resized).jpg
IMG_7194 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I have a Super Score in original condition, unmodified. I've read this title is not as desirable as other early Gottlieb's, but the back glass is what I love about it. The play field shows minimal wear, but it will need to be totally gone through. Cabinet and light box need to be restored, re-painted.

Your thoughts on spending the hours and money on this, or part it out.

#2 7 years ago

I love mine. obviously with the double set of 2" flippers this is a very unique game. It takes a bit to get used to the play. The spinning wheel adds something to the game as you can score big points and gain extra balls on the wheel. I have mine on High tap so as to get better pop bumper action . The overall look of the games the awesome chimes the challenging game play make this one a winner in my book . Everyone that comes over has to play it at least once, witch usually leads to twice ...three

If you love EM's as I do you will be glad to add this machine to your collection.

Sir Brian of Ortonville

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

spending the hours and money on this, or part it out.

Get it running with the least cash you can and see if you like it, if not sell it to someone that will play it....you always lose the "hours" equation on pinball anyway. That game is cool looking.

#4 7 years ago

Love to see some pics. If the backglass is OK then get it working.

#5 7 years ago

If you like the game, go for it. Repaint the cabinet. It is not a popular game, but so what. It is your game and you enjoy it.

#6 7 years ago

I've always loved the artwork on this title, and this one recently popped up for sale. This past summer I did a full restoration on a cabinet and light box. A lot of labor hours, but I enjoy the work. And the finished job I was proud of.

Here are 2 pics of the Super Score. I like the background artwork as well. Good plug for other Gottlieb games.

IMG_7194 (resized).jpgIMG_7194 (resized).jpg

IMG_7195 (resized).jpgIMG_7195 (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

don't part it out..once you do that it can never come back.

as others have said awesome backglass art and really fun to play with somebody else as you have the chance to steal the built up bonus.

if that game was in australia i'd be sending you a pm now asking to buy it..had a real nice one here about 8 years ago and have always regretted letting her go.

#9 7 years ago

That game looks really nice. Please don't part it out. I would buy it, but I'm out of money now.

#10 7 years ago

Interesting that the flyer for this game shows the cabinet colors as yellow and green. Mine are red and blue. Looks like the same 2 colors for my Fun Land. I used a Royal Blue and Red when re-doing the cabinet.

Were the colors originally a Royal blue and red for this? Saves me some time if it is.

#11 7 years ago

Cabinet looks pretty good from the small bit I can see. You're redoing it?

#12 7 years ago

Most likely I'll strip it and re-paint it. It's on the back burner right now, seeing I'm still fighting electrical issues with the Fun Land.

The stencil kit I purchased for the Fun Land from Pinball Pimp worked out perfectly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Franklin, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-super-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.