IMG_1861 (resized).jpg
IMG_0829 (resized).jpg
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1334.JPG
image-4 (resized).jpg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpg
IMG_0418 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Sweet, a Super Orbit club. I'm assuming there will only be a couple of us in this illustrious club.

I'll post some up to date pictures of mine later tonight. I don't have anything recent with me. Mine was a basket case when I got it and wouldn't even power on. People come over and love this game. It's so simple, yet so damn hard.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I’m on the hunt for an Outer Space, the OG Super Orbit. If you have one hit me up lol
Also a big fan of this game. Local collector has one and I enjoy playing it

You could also look for an Orbit, unless you specifically want the Outer Space. I'm pretty sure they have the same play field and almost the same artwork. I think the difference is 2 player vs. 4 player.

#9 5 years ago

You're going to have to edit your poll, because my response to the cabinet color is "Both".

If you look at the side of the head, it's more blue than the cabinet which is definitely purple. I'm thinking it might be a fading issue that's causing the color differences?

I picked up this with the help of DangerSem who spotted it on some random website in the background of another picture. I guess the owner had it sitting for years and years in the corner of his garage because it didn't work. I picked it up for $200 and did a good bit of work to get it running. The backglass is a 9 out of 10 with just a little flaking. The play field isn't bad, but has some wear around a few of the bonus inserts.

When I bought it I had a hell of a time with the boards, sending them out and ultimately having to buy new ones. Note to self: just by new boards next time.

I rebuilt the pops, both flippers, fixed the vari target and the various diodes that were causing the fuses to blow. I stripped the play field, cleaned it up, did an LED conversion and put in all new rubbers. I also grabbed some new legs.

I'm really happy with how it turned out especially since it was my first project. Everyone loves the game because it's so easy, but yet so hard. The backhanded maxed out bonus collect is really satisfying.

IMG_1334.JPGIMG_1334.JPG

IMG_1320.JPGIMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPGIMG_1321.JPG

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Oh ya, would you look at that. Must be fading. Huh.
Wow, 3m+ high score. I need to tune mine up I think. we have barely cracked 2m.
I think Im gonna tweak my vari target this weekend and maybe throw some lube on my spinner to get it to rip faster and longer.

I need to clear out that score. It isn't mine and the game was set on 5 ball with extra balls on when I got it. I put it back to 3 ball and shut off extra balls. My high is about 1.7 million.

#14 5 years ago

I didn't do anything with the backglass. I'm scared to screw it up.

Is the panel not latched correctly or something?

2 months later
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Had a small party this weekend and SO decided to stop kicking a ball out and it gives me an error message.
According to Pascal's site, if I am reading it right:
Error=4 - A switch is detected closed after 5 consecutive coil firings
So....I guess my coil is bad? Maybe I have a short? Kinda confused on where to start. Guess I will start with just removing the ball from the trough and see what happens.
Totally weird...game has been so solid lately.
[quoted image]

I'm no expert, but you might want to start by testing the resistance of the coil. That should tell you if it's good or bad. Do you have a manual? If not, I can try and remember to check my manual for the correct resistance.

If the coil is bad you'll need to take a look at the driver transistor that fires the coil. If the coil is smoked, then the driver transistor is most likely smoked as well.

3 weeks later
#25 4 years ago

Did you get the coil figured out? We played a few games on mine over the weekend. Damn game is brutal!

2 years later
#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Clear turned out nice on our nos playfield. Can't wait to see how game plays after playfield swap is done.
[quoted image]

Holy shit. Where did you get a NOS playfield? I'm totally jealous. Super Orbit is such an underrated game. Mine is bolted to the floor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-super-orbit-club?tu=Spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.