Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you have a purple or blue cabinet?”

• Purple 1 vote
    100%
  • Blue 0 votes

(1 vote)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1861 (resized).jpg
IMG_0829 (resized).jpg
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1334.JPG
image-4 (resized).jpg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpg
IMG_0418 (resized).jpg
SuperOrbitV1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 months ago

There arent many of us who own this game, even with there being 2100 units out there. Lets share pics, experiences, and stories about our machines. Super Orbit is a simple, but fast and fun game. Guests love the game play, being easy to understand, but still challenging.

My story: This was my first machine ever. It was a gift from a family member when I was probably around 7 or 8? It sat in my parents basement for years, being abused by my friends and I who didnt know any better. When we moved, my mom put the head down and put a towel over it. It became a cat feeder. Right then I knew I needed to get the game outta there! Long story short, bought a house, borrowed a van, and saved my game from kitty.

I did a decent shop job on it, but I know it needs a more in depth cleaning at some point. I have a NOS platic set and a NOS playfield, but mine arent really that bad. If I ever get the balls, Ill do a full restore.

Any one else want to share their machines? I think there were different colored cabs, and maybe some other differences we can discover. Post your pics and stories!

SuperOrbitV1 (resized).png

#2 3 months ago

spyderturbo007 ,found some of the pics from when I brought her home...

The only difference I have noticed so far is what some cabs are blue and some are purple.

IMG_0382 (resized).jpgIMG_0418 (resized).jpg
#8 3 months ago

Do you guys think this blue color is a prototype or something? It doesnt look like the lighting is affecting it.

Is YOURS purple or blue?

image-4 (resized).jpg
#10 3 months ago

Oh ya, would you look at that. Must be fading. Huh.

Wow, 3m+ high score. I need to tune mine up I think. we have barely cracked 2m.

I think Im gonna tweak my vari target this weekend and maybe throw some lube on my spinner to get it to rip faster and longer.

#12 3 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I need to clear out that score. It isn't mine and the game was set on 5 ball with extra balls on when I got it. I put it back to 3 ball and shut off extra balls. My high is about 1.7 million.

5 Ball?? Extra Balls? Lol...ya, shut it down.

Ive got the Pascal board in mine. Only adds a short ball save called "chance ball", and makes the pop bumpers flash when they are struck.

Cool additions, but nothing to buy the board for. I bought it for reliability and high score keeping. Although, I have never been able to figure out the high score initial entering. Its really odd.

#13 87 days ago

Did you clear your backglass? Mine is rubbing on the display cover and its driving me nuts. I dont know what to do about it. Its rubbing holes in my art!

1 month later
#15 52 days ago

Im not sure what to do about this rubbing, but its driving me nut. The more I look at my glass, the more I think I should rattl can clear coat it. Its starting to crack in places as well.

I know its the green display cover rubbing...not sure how to fix it. The backbox door is secure, not much play at all. Its locked in the right oplace as well. The glass isnt hard to get in, so I dont think its off track or anything. Any ideas??

IMG_0829 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#17 4 days ago

Had a small party this weekend and SO decided to stop kicking a ball out and it gives me an error message.

According to Pascal's site, if I am reading it right:

Error=4 - A switch is detected closed after 5 consecutive coil firings

So....I guess my coil is bad? Maybe I have a short? Kinda confused on where to start. Guess I will start with just removing the ball from the trough and see what happens.

Totally weird...game has been so solid lately.

IMG_1861 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 269.00
€ 8.40
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
€ 6.50
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
PinBoss Mods
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 11.95
€ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Multigame
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 149.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 269.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside