DSCF1685 (resized).JPG
DSCF1686 (resized).JPG
DSCF1684 (resized).JPG
IMG_2583 (resized).JPG
IMG_2603 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Right now the game's at my dad's until I finish this Genco I'm working on. I was looking at some pics on the ipdb and didn't see any bells in the back box or the cabinet. Does this game have bells? If so, where?

Two bells in the back box, behind the 10,000 and 100,000 steppers.

2 weeks later
#16 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What are some techniques to getting the pop bumper protectors off the playfield? What are they made out of? They're white and not clear like typical mylar.

I had good results with a hair dryer set on low. The glue residue cleaned up with naphtha.

3 weeks later
#18 9 years ago

Had some PM's looking for the replay setting label which seems to be commonly missing from the 100,000 unit. Just found mine in the bottom cabinet, so here's a photo.image.jpgimage.jpg

#20 9 years ago

--The machine doesn't reset to zero.
--The spinning wheel is warped; any suggestions on reshaping so it doesn't rub against the backglass without damaging the plastic? Heat, maybe?

Nice looking machine, jjpm. My Sunshine doesn't always complete the start up sequence either...sometimes requires manually resetting the 100,000 unit and hitting the start button again. Hope to resolve this soon.
I don't know if the spinning wheel is the same material as the playfield plastics, but I experimented with a little heat to attemp to flatten my playfield pieces and it was obviously not going to go well. The heat softened the plastic, but it began to crackle and disintegrate when flexed.
But if the fire is what warped the spinner, maybe heat would work to straighten it. Hopefully someone has had some experience with this.

3 years later
#46 6 years ago

Should be three bolts, one vertical in the middle and a horizontal one at each side. Also four sets of jones plugs, wiggle them apart and drop into the cab.

2 months later
#50 5 years ago

Great that you have a family game!
First off, study this site: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair
Inside the coin door you can access two nuts or wing nuts that hold the lockdown bar. Remove them and the bar lifts up so you can slide the playfield glass out.
The back glass is removed from the back side. There is a lever inside the top of the back box, swing it out while steadying the backboard with your other hand. Carefully tilt the backboard back. This give you access to the glass, but I wouldn't remove the backglass unless necessary.
The slingshot plastics are reproduced by Pinball Rescue.
The Pinball Resource has many playfield plastics and other parts, especially for Gottlieb.
Good luck with your Sunshine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sunshine-club-all-welcome?tu=pinbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.