DSCF1685 (resized).JPG
DSCF1686 (resized).JPG
DSCF1684 (resized).JPG
IMG_2583 (resized).JPG
IMG_2603 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Just bought a Sunshine today for 45 bucks. Came from the Silverman Collection. Playfied is pretty nice. Cabinet is ok. Back box needs some repair. Missing the backglass so I'll be on the lookout for one. Appears mostly complete with the exception of the BG and legs. Looks like it had metal legs. Does it use 31"?

#4 9 years ago

Right now the game's at my dad's until I finish this Genco I'm working on. I was looking at some pics on the ipdb and didn't see any bells in the back box or the cabinet. Does this game have bells? If so, where?

#9 9 years ago

^^^^^^
Now that's ground up restoration. Wow. I could Mean Green till the cows come home and the red on mine will never be that bright. That's gotta be a complete repaint.

Edit: beat me to it.

Also, I'm just gonna go with chrome legs. I think painted one's would be too bright and wouldn't match well with my cabinet.

2 weeks later
#10 9 years ago

What are some techniques to getting the pop bumper protectors off the playfield? What are they made out of? They're white and not clear like typical mylar.

#12 9 years ago

Does Goo Gone eat into the lacquer or paint?

#15 9 years ago

I don't know. With a faded cabinet and white that's no longer "white" I just don't think a new set of pure white legs would look good. I'm just gonna stick to the chrome ones.

1 month later
#24 9 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Guys can one of you with a working Sunshine post a video of game play to YouTube? There isn't one and I'd love to see it working. Thanks!

Gimme till the spring/summer and I'll happily fullfill that request. The garage is freezing right now and I gots to find me a BG.

1 month later
#26 9 years ago
Quoted from W8CRaig:

After years of sitting idle, I'm finally diving into my Sunshine. Not sure what the serial number is. Where is it located? I also have a warped spinner but the bakelite/phenolic is warped as well. I tried to unwarp the "100,000 when lit" which met with disaster - luckily I found a dealer with repros available. Close call but now very afraid of this spinner. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mine's warped too but it doesn't protrude into where the BG is so I'm cleaning it with Novus 1 and leaving it alone.

1 year later
#33 7 years ago

I'm done with everything except the playfield. But...I need a back glass. Shay is sold out till next year and I don't think BG makes one. Other than watching eBay, which I've been doing for over a year, any ideas?

#34 7 years ago

I still have the playfield yet to do but here's a couple progress photos. I've had to make a few structural repairs to the back box and cabinet. I think somebody dropped the head at some point. The top trim was busted up at the end and there's tons of glue repair all over the head. I secured it with recessed nails so it's not obvious and resprayed just the top with a dark red. It's not a perfect match but close. The head is done and put back together. Also, I haven't cleaned the sides yet in these shots.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

The outside of the coin door looked like hell so I sanded it down and sprayed it with a cream white that matches the legs I got from PBR. The inside of the door just received some cleaning. I may get a coin block off for the front but I really wanted one of those "swoosh" returns but PBR doesn't have any. Rusted metal cleaned up as best I could. The surround around the door was really pitted.

Finally, I don't paint much. Especially on EM's. But, instead of paying ten bucks a piece on repro pop caps, I just repaint the numbers. I just have the playfield to do still but am kinda bumbed that I can't even get a repro glass right now.

Also, please remember, this is a "leftover" game. Something that was basically thrown to the side and could have went to the trash. It's taken a beating and it shows. That's what I'm working with so they'll be no full cabinet repaints here but it's definitely worth saving for some Gottlieb Woodrail fun in my Pin Room.

One other thing I'd like to note is Clay Harrell has an excellent overview on 50's Gottlieb Woodrail repair on his Ninja site. I believe it's a Classy Bowler he's working on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sunshine-club-all-welcome?tu=dtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.