You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sunset Captive Ball (resized).jpg
20221124_180605.jpg
20221124_180605 (resized).jpg

#1 7 days ago

Just finished overhauling a GTB Sunset and I'm wondering how the centre ball feature is configured?

Basically, theres a solenoid that pulls two pins down to allow the feature balls to travel upward, hit the 100 point switch and return back down the other side. If its lit and all 5 ball are made, you are awarded a replay. Thats all fine but these 2 pins are always being held down, even at game over so obviously its could stays energised. That said, it gets warm, but not enough to do itself harm. I'm guessing it's supposed to release so that balls cannot go past the pins, I.e if the playfield is raised or otherwise the balls sit on the 100 point switch and in turn locks the 100 point relay on, not good!

Does anyone have an idea as to what's what with this?

Thanks for any help. Doug.

20221124_180605.jpg
#2 7 days ago

I think that the Captive Ball Stop, and much of the rest of the game, should lose power once the QB/Game Over relay trips.
Sunset Captive Ball (resized).jpg
Do your flippers and sling shots work after game over?

/Mark

#3 7 days ago

I agree with Mark, those pins should pop up during game over. The idea is that the pins will prevent someone from physically tilting the machine and running balls around to one side while the machine is in game over, in order to put them into a position that makes it easier to win at the start of the next game.

- TimMe

#4 6 days ago

Thanks, guys.
Mark: the fliipers, etc shut down ok, it's just this coil that keeps on. I'll check the schematic as suggested to see what's going on. This machine has been a hard critter to tame, that's for sure but this is the last bit.
Tim: Thanks, I hadn't considered that aspect. Hats off to the designers for think of that!
I'll take a look tomorrow and update this post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!