• Latest reply 3 years ago by tscottn
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gottlieb Score Motor 3 (resized).jpg
IMG_6607 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tscottn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Ok, so.. now that most of my issue are worked out and the game plays great I can see one last problem. The tilt is not working the way it should. When I tilt a game, the rules are as follows; lose that ball inb play plus one additional ball. so lets say on ball 5 I tilt, the game should drain ball 5 and start me on ball 3. this is actually happening the way it should with one issue, the player unit will move to ball 3 position however nothing will light up on the back box and the tilt light stays on, no action on the PF and the trough switch will not open to let the next ball through.. . If i manually drain ball 3 the player unit will move to ball 2, but still no action on the back box, flippers or PF. then if I manually drain ball 2 it will go to ball 1 with same scenario, then if I drain ball 1 the player unit will move to the zero position and game over will be displayed on the back box.

So part of the tilt mechanism is working correctly and part is not. Looking at the schematics I attached, it seems there is switches on the D and S relay as well as motor 4c. They all look to be in good shape. One last thing, moving the tilt plug to in or out makes no difference in what I just posted. Both positions have no effect. Would anyone have any ideas?

IMG_6607 (resized).JPGIMG_6607 (resized).JPG
#2 3 years ago

bump for anyone who might have any ideas?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

So the Tilt relay trips and doesn't reset. Is that right? The Control Bank Reset solenoid above should fire to reset the Control Relay bank after the ball count is changed.
I think the path you need to investigate is the upper path into the Control Bank Reset solenoid in your schematic above. For the Control Bank Reset solenoid to fire:
- a switch at Score Motor 4C needs to close, which implies that the score motor needs to turn
- switches on the O relay and T relay armature need to close too
You'll need to diagnose this circuit either with alligator clip test leads or a multimeter. Visual inspection can prove that switches don't close, but can't really prove that they do close with adequate electrical conductivity.
/Mark

Thanks Mark.

So in regards to what you posted. The score motor will not turn after the tilt happens. Like I said, I still get the player unit advancing balls but the score motor will not turn. I can turn it manually and if I do, the control bank reset will still not fire. I will have a look at T and O relay with alligator clips to ensure they are closing properly.

1 week later
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

So the Tilt relay trips and doesn't reset. Is that right? The Control Bank Reset solenoid above should fire to reset the Control Relay bank after the ball count is changed.
I think the path you need to investigate is the upper path into the Control Bank Reset solenoid in your schematic above. For the Control Bank Reset solenoid to fire:
- a switch at Score Motor 4C needs to close, which implies that the score motor needs to turn
- switches on the O relay and T relay armature need to close too
You'll need to diagnose this circuit either with alligator clip test leads or a multimeter. Visual inspection can prove that switches don't close, but can't really prove that they do close with adequate electrical conductivity.
/Mark

Hey Mark, I finally got around to looking at this based on your suggestions I started jumping all switches involved. It finally turned out to be the switch on the T relay that was not making contact when the tilt reset the control bank. So even though the score motor advanced on 4c and the ball count unit was working as it should, It couldn't energizer to reengage the control bank. After adjusting the switch it now works as it should. Thanks again!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tscottn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-subway-tilt-issue?tu=tscottn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.