6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Zenomorp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zenomorp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Ok. Here is the deal. This is my first Gottlieb game and it was working fine except the left flipper was weak. Still worked, but it would not hit the ball up the right hand ramp. It was pitiful, so I did a full flipper rebuild kit, replaced the solenoid and even replaced the fuse. No change. So I then decided to try a more powerful solenoid, but in my haste, I accidentally swapped the wires on the outside tabs of the solenoid. This had a two fold effect. It blew the fuse for the left flipper and it blew the Q17 transistor on the driver board. I replaced the fuse and the transistor, corrected the coil miswire, and now the flipper is working again but ALL of the switches in the matrix are OPEN. None of the switches register and if you navigate to the switch matrix, it says ALL SWITCHES OPEN. Is this a driver board issue or something else? I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks. The only lights that work are the back glass, GI and flashers. The fuse on the transformer assy for the light and switch matrix (37v 10a) is good. I replaced it for good measure. No change.

#5 6 years ago

I found Q17 shorted when troubleshooting the flipper issue. I figured it was related but obviously not. All I CAN say is that everything worked before I crossed the wires and now it doesn't, so something happened other that the flipper fuse blowing. I disconnected the connectors and the two opto boards under the playfield and no change. I can not navigate the menu or make changes using the flippers. I checked all the diodes on the interface board and they are all good. All the LEDs are flashing on all the boards.

#6 6 years ago

Reporting in that this issue is now fixed. When I originally replaced Q17, I read the number wrong on the face and installed an out of spec replacement. Glad I double checked. Went and got the correct replacement and everything is back up and running great now. The left flipper is still a bit weak even after a full rebuild, new stronger coil, and replacemet. Guess I’ll just have to live with it. Thanks everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zenomorp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-street-fighter-ii-help?tu=Zenomorp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.