• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by popernol
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi
I am new to pinball and this is my 2nd pinball machine its a Street Fighter 2 by Gottlieb
I have had the machine for about a month, it was working fine until I turned it on and the display was a little scrambled and it was beeping away.
I turned the machine off and back on and a code on the display saying

PU
U6
IEL =

comes up, this happened once before and I turned the machine off and on 3 times fast and it cleared but now when I do this it takes out the main internal 2.5A fuse.

Please help I have looked every place and can not find any info on this fault?

#2 10 years ago

the fuse blown because your 3 times fast on off the transformer has its electromagnetic remanence and at start up sometimes have more surge so just change the fuse for a quick reset on gotlieb use the slam tilt from the coin door
On electronics is better to restart after at least 30 seconds - 1 min

I will check the soldered round battery on the MPU board 3 vcc if this is dry out will cause mpu to boot strange
PM me to send you a manual if you do not have it

#3 10 years ago

The main fuse is a 2.5a, That doesn't sound right.

#4 10 years ago

You should also do the ground mod for this machine.

#5 10 years ago

main fuse can be set in range 2,5A - 4 A with no fear !

Quoted from Brtlkat:

The main fuse is a 2.5a, That doesn't sound right.

#6 10 years ago

Hi
Thanks all of you, the 2.5A slow blow is the right one as it states on the fuse instructions but do you mean I can go upto a 4A if needed?,

what is the ground mod? if I remove the plug sometimes I do get a little tingle from the ends is this due to not having the ground mod?

The guy I brought it off put a new battery inside and it does look new? I will take a look anyway.

doctor_pinball - Many thanks I do have the manual and have found a PDF file too but many thanks

Thanks Guys

#7 10 years ago

Hi,

I got the machine working yesterday and turned it on again today and the same fault, have checked the battery it is a slip in type no soldering, looks fine,

Any ideas?

#9 10 years ago

Things I would check/do in order of increasing difficulty before tackling ground mods (assuming you have a meter with diode setting):

1 - check/replace battery on MPU
2 - reseat ribbon cable between the MPU and driver board (board to the left of the MPU.) If that solves the problem get a new ribbon cable because the problem will likely return
3 - check/update the game ROM if necessary. If you get it to boot read the checksum at boot and I can tell you whether or not you have the latest version of the game ROM installed.
4 - check/replace the 74HC123 multivibrator at U11
5 - replace the DS1210 controller

viperrwk

#10 10 years ago

Thanks Brtlkat

Thats done the trick it was a loose battery

Top man

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
Cabinet parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-street-fighter-2-fault and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.