• Latest reply 7 years ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 9.38.20 AM (resized).png
#1 7 years ago

Anybody know the size of the allen wrench needed to adjust the shaft on a Gottlieb stepper unit, under the plate? Hopefully that is clear enough so people know what I am talking about. My Domino (1968) bonus stepper won't reset and a Silverball employee suggested I give it a bit more room, after a visual inspection and check of the springs.

I'll probably just buy a set anyways, but good information to keep on hand regardless. (and I need to make sure it's included of course)

#2 7 years ago

I think the grubscrew takes a 1/8 allen key at least that's what I used today in adjusting the carousel holder on the stepper shaft of a GTB World Fair.

#3 7 years ago

This? (from '72 catalog, covering Domino)

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 9.38.20 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-09-22 at 9.38.20 AM (resized).png

#4 7 years ago

That tells you the thread size, pitch, and length of the set screw. But not the correct Allen wrench that fits it.

#5 7 years ago

As Wayner said, the 1/4-20 set screw takes a 1/8" allen wrench.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I think the grubscrew takes a 1/8 allen key at least that's what I used today in adjusting the carousel holder on the stepper shaft of a GTB World Fair.

Quoted from TimMe:

As Wayner said, the 1/4-20 set screw takes a 1/8" allen wrench.

Thanks guys!

#7 7 years ago

Just buy a small allen wrench set & be done with it.

#8 7 years ago

In general, Gottlieb only used two sizes of Allen wrenches: 1/8" and 9/64".

It's very helpful to use "T" handle style Allen wrenches to get in there (length counts). I bought mine (Klein brand) at my local Ace Hardware store.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-stepper-unit-allen-wrench-size and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.