Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mrossman5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190119-084918_Drive (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

All of the optical sensors on my Stargate stopped working after I installed a new coil for the left VUK. I replaced the board, and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

#3 1 year ago

What board did you replace?
Check any tranformator fuses F3 to F11

1 month later
#4 1 year ago

Still having the same problem. Not sure what else to check.

#5 1 year ago

You might shunt all ground wires as it preconised on pinrepair.com before test any electrical component.
Also unplugged and clean any connector by scratching pin and use electrical spray cleaner...wait for an hour before power on.
Search for the optical quad interface sensor board who is located under playfield at the bottom right. Red diode must shine on it if sensor not work...if not that came from the connector or not powered on..
One time two of four diode don't work on mine...just unplugged it clean connector and also resold any sensor wires and works fine now...the most important on any Gottlieb System is to shunt any ground wires 1st.
Good luck

Screenshot_20190119-084918_Drive (resized).jpg
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Benhurr:

You might shunt all ground wires as it preconised on pinrepair.com before test any electrical component.
Also unplugged and clean any connector by scratching pin and use electrical spray cleaner...wait for an hour before power on.
Search for the optical quad interface sensor board who is located under playfield at the bottom right. Red diode must shine on it if sensor not work...if not that came from the connector or not powered on..
One time two of four diode don't work on mine...just unplugged it clean connector and also resold any sensor wires and works fine now...the most important on any Gottlieb System is to shunt any ground wires 1st.
Good luck
[quoted image]

Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Renaissance, FLORIDA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 42.00
$ 249.00
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside