Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Eddie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Heres the deal, the EOS switch on the upper right flipper assembly remains closed even when the contacts are Physically open.

The capacitor and Coil A-259559 are new the wiring is correct the diode is fine.

When the coil is activated for testing it Machine guns due to the constantly closed Eos and of course there is an intense arch.

I replaced the caps twice in case they were shorted.

The coils OHMs are correct but I swapped out 2 new coils with the same result. Can both be internally shorted yet have correct ohms?

I removed the switch and broke it down to its components checking for shorting blades and none were found they are in perfect condition.

If I disconnect the center Coil lug to the Eos switch it goes Open as it should (Testing with A DMM on continuity) but then of course there is no High Power at the coil.

Never saw this issue before any ideas? Thanks.

#2 7 years ago

You sure it is wired right ? Coil good ?

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You sure it is wired right ? Coil good ?

Tried 3 different coils. Black Violet wire on the the Banded side of diode with one EOS wire other EOS wire on center lug , Green Black wire on Non Banded side of diode.

In this particular case it wouldnt matter if I had the wires wrong as the switch should still go open once the blades are apart but the wiring is correct. Unless Im a complete ass which is possible.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Unless Im a complete ass which is possible.

I doubt that.

Unless someone comes up with a better answer, time for a break and tackle it with fresh eyes.

#6 7 years ago

On mine there's a little wire (like a coil wire) solder at the centre to the left connector of the coil (White line on the black diode)
Look on the other flippers

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Benhurr:

On mine there's a little wire (like a coil wire) solder at the centre to the left connector of the coil (White line on the black diode)
Look on the other flippers

Would you be able to take a pic? According to the schematics there should not be any errant wires just a straight forward coil to power wires and EOS Switch.

#8 7 years ago

Issue has been solved!

Somewhere I read that the OHMS specs were 4.0 /38 when they should have been 3.85 202 which I found in the manual.

Dead short in all 3 Brand New coils. Installed a coil with proper Ohms and the issue is gone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-stargate-odd-eos-issue?hl=benhurr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.