I recently bought a non working Spring Break pinball, the cpu was out of order due to battery leak.
Here is are my maintenance status at this point :
- Ground improvement between boards
- Ground Improvements near transformer (as suggested on pinwiki website)
- Big capacitor replacement,
- Power supply variable resistor replacement and check solder joints
- Check fuses, coils, tension values,
- Kicker Coil replacement
- Knocker coil replacement,,
- Free Play Diode Board Modification,
- Driver board fix by replacing a transistor,
- rubber rings replacement and playfield clean,
- change a lot of lamps,
- Battery Leakage and Corrosion fix on CPU, with Dallas / maxim DS reset generator installation
After all that, the pinball was able to start and I was able to play normally.
But after few minutes of game, the music disappear, I can only ear sound effect.
I tried to fix this by changing YROM1, YROM2 & DROM1 using 28C64 on the soundboard (MA-766) but now the sound stop quickly,
I'm now in front of sound issues that I don't know how to fix :
The soundboard led is blinking normally, I can add credits and ear the dog bark effect each time I put a coin.
But when I push the start button, the led stop blinking, there is no music (sound effects are still there)
What am i missing ? Is there somewhere I can search in order to fix this issue ?
(and sorry for my approximative english, french here...)