You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Webbing (resized).jpg
IMG_6118 (resized).jpg
IMG_6117 (resized).jpg
IMG_6116 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlipWilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

OK, here's my twist on using Krylon Marbelizing Spray in black lava for webbing. If you use it directly, you get long stringy webs that don't look good. However, if you go to the thrift store and buy a couple of old tennis rackets (I paid $2 a piece) and spray through the racket strings, you don't get the long strings, but shorter webs that are more like what is sprayed in the factory. Depending on what you prefer, you can cut out every other string if you think a regular strung racket is too restrictive. I would recommend having a couple of rackets on hand to do this as the spray tends to clog the racket strings. Because of the clogging, the bigger the racket head the better. I'm happy with the results and I didn't have to mess with transferring the Krylon from the can to the spray gun, thinning and then cleaning the gun. After the webbing has dried for a couple of days, I wet sanded it a small section at a time and wiped it off with a clean damp rag. It also helps if you have a magic eraser handy if any black from the wet sanding remains on your base coat.

Webbing (resized).jpgWebbing (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlipWilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-splatter-paint-im-happy?tu=FlipWilson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.