IMG_5541 (resized).jpg
IMG_5279 (resized).jpg
IMG_5278 (resized).jpg
IMG_5277 (resized).jpg
IMG_7378 (resized).jpg
DSC_0047 (resized).jpg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpg
IMG_6899 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thierryv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

Omg, that PF would be great in my restored cabinet

IMG_1815.JPGIMG_1815.JPG

IMG_1820.JPGIMG_1820.JPG IMG_1823.JPGIMG_1823.JPG IMG_1825.JPGIMG_1825.JPG IMG_1827.JPGIMG_1827.JPG
#17 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Looks great! Where's the rest of the game?
Did you make the stencils yourself or buy them?

Yes 100 percent hand cut stickers, takes about 10 hours to make them.

PF has still the original mylar and it would be to tricky to remove without doing damage, so not a high end restoration for me but just a nice looking game ...

IMG_1791.JPGIMG_1791.JPG
IMG_1797.JPGIMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1850.JPGIMG_1850.JPG
IMG_1851.JPGIMG_1851.JPG
IMG_1854.JPGIMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1855.JPGIMG_1855.JPG
#21 8 years ago

Indeed original plexiglass should be dark mine was broken to , I have put a clear one in it, will be nice with a blue gtb display cover .

Mylar was operator installed, I think most of the spirit games in France have this mylar .

untitled.pnguntitled.png
#23 8 years ago

Excuse me, as my English is poor here the tools you need to cut the plexi / drill the holes

untitled.pnguntitled.png
imagesFL779ZP3.jpgimagesFL779ZP3.jpg

#27 8 years ago

Non pas besoin de continuer en francais, infact I,m dutch speaking.
And adding pictures can say more than words !
This is an american forum and I will do the best I can , and my excuses to Mr Pacman for spoiling this topic he's started ...

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

What kind of material did you use for the stencils?

These are stencils used for stencil cutting machines.
Apply them wet as this allows you to squeeze out air bubbles, starting to apply them from the middle of the stencil.
This may need some practising .

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Thanks. What kind of material are they made of? I would like to know for future restorations. Iv'e used frisket and tape but would like to know what the material is and where you can get it?

These are stickers ( infact I don,t know exactly the difference between stencils / Stickers in englisch ? ) , you will find theme under the name averygraphics or avery dennison

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thierry, when referencing stencils most would think you're making a stencil to place on the cabinet and then paint leaving the artwork on the cabinet whereas you took a material (sticker) and cutout the artwork from that sticker material and then adhered it to the cabinet. Make sense?

Ok thanks ! Well it are stickers !
I tried in the past with stencils and paint but often the paint was " bleeding " under the stencil.
This may be an alternative way to restore a cabinet but I agree if you say it is no longer original, a choice you have to make ..

By the way this is my third spirit restoration and maby the last one as they become hard to find in europe as well.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

With 1230 made it's hard to find them anywhere. Just get done with your restoration as TigerLaw is waiting to buy it

I will make him a special price somewhere between european and US prices ofcourse if someone else is willing to pay me 7500 dollar

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

There have been some collectors that have paid up to 10K for Spirit's in original condition, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of at least one 20K offer for the one with the NOS playfield. I don't think there are very many out there anymore.
Steve

They sometimes pop up in France but beware of scammers !

#60 8 years ago

For those who are interested here a restoration of a spirit I did some time ago, its in chinese but just enjoy the pictures. Unfortunately PF restoration was not of the same level as kruzman ( I have not those skills ) but just a nice spirit which is now located somewhere in California ...

http://www.flipperforum.be/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3924

#62 8 years ago

Wow, that,s a very clean cabinet/playfield !

2 years later
#87 6 years ago

That's going to be a gorgious spirit with that new playfield !
I'm actually doing my fifth spirit restoration, sixth waiting in line

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOE9BqkuWW33P2euLKwtE6Lcs8EpJk9z556MVr8DtEBm_X3QukjtWkd4PRHyI1oDQ?key=RGVDY1Ayel9MX2cwNURBOC1XSmZLeVNXajNubTdR

IMG_4216 (resized).JPGIMG_4216 (resized).JPG

#90 6 years ago

I,ll bet you dare not to play it once the restoration is done, such a shiny playfield !
Just my two cents but I think the two small rubbers you have placed on the metal posts ( upper playfield ) aren't required ...

1 month later
#107 6 years ago

Nice ! Doing the same job on the other side off the ocean

IMG_4537 (resized).JPGIMG_4537 (resized).JPG

IMG_4539 (resized).JPGIMG_4539 (resized).JPG

IMG_4514 (resized).JPGIMG_4514 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thierryv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spirit-restoration-begins?tu=thierryv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.