3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ZappaMan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sof76 problem (resized).JPG
    sof76 score motor (resized).JPG
    sof76 replay (resized).JPG
    sof76 (resized).JPG
    Document_2021-03-30_081054 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

So I've been playing the machine with the coin chute just fine until recently when it suddenly won't work anymore - I put a coin in and the score motor just turns once and nothing else - no credits added. I then decided to put it on free play and that works fine but I really want to have the option to go back to coins. Can help please?

#2 2 years ago

The mech likely needs adjustment.

Document_2021-03-30_081054 (resized).jpgDocument_2021-03-30_081054 (resized).jpg
    #3 2 years ago

Hey currie! Since the op says the score motor is turning, I wonder if that means the coin switch is OK since it's turning on the W relay (which starts the score motor). I wonder if there's a problem on the W relay, since there's a switch there that energizes the replay unit - or any of the switches in series with that m/b switch in the add replay unit circuit.
    sof76 (resized).JPGsof76 (resized).JPGsof76 score motor (resized).JPGsof76 score motor (resized).JPGsof76 replay (resized).JPGsof76 replay (resized).JPG

It could also be a switch on the S relay not turning on the W relay, depending on how he has the 1st coin chute adjust set. Either way, the W relay has to be energized to add a credit, I think.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from paulace:

Hey currie! Since the op says the score motor is turning, I wonder if that means the coin switch is OK

Excellent point, Paulace.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZappaMan:

So I've been playing the machine with the coin chute just fine until recently when it suddenly won't work anymore - I put a coin in and the score motor just turns once and nothing else - no credits added. I then decided to put it on free play and that works fine but I really want to have the option to go back to coins. Can help please?

What was the behavior before it broke? The dropped coin resulted in multiple credits being added? Or did the dropped coin start a new game immediately?

Those are the two correct behaviors, depending upon which coin slot the coin was dropped in and the settings for that coin slot (1 coin 1 play vs. 2nd chute). 1 coin 1 play bypasses the credit up/down logic and just fires the start relay, beginning a new game immediately.

#6 2 years ago

Hey DaMoib - yeah, I see that now - the W relay is skipped altogether when the 1 coin 1 play is connected and the #1 coin chute is used.

#7 2 years ago

Hi, thanks for your replies..I'm using the second chute (as the first chute is blocked for now) and on multiple credits (3) - coin goes in the W relay energizers and score motor turns and no credits..I tried cleaning the switches on the relay but no luck.

#8 2 years ago

Ok I've got it working on 4 credits and 5 credits now but not on the 3 credit plug - could it be switches on the score motor need adjustment?

#9 2 years ago

Yes, your motor 4C switch or motor 4B switch is probably not working correctly. Look at the schematic snippet below:

The 4 and 5 credit settings bypass those 2 switches - the 2 and 3 credit settings need them to make a connection, so I'd imagine that's where the problem lies.

sof76 problem (resized).JPGsof76 problem (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #10 2 years ago

Thanks, cleaned the switches on 4B and 4C and now giving credits again!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spirit-of-76-not-registering-coin-credits?hl=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.