• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hello All:

I have been fighting with this spirit of 76 bonus issue for quite a while. Here's what happens. During a ball play if I rack up say 3000 on the bonus and the ball drains, the game will add the 3000 but it will also add an additional 4-5 thousand as well. The number will vary but always around 4-5. On ball 5 where you are to get double, again that bonus score correctly but will get additional bonus added as well. I have checked all that I think is related to the bonus feature, but seem to be missing something.
Thoughts?
Mike

#2 3 years ago

What are the bonus lights (just above the flippers) doing when this happens? Do they correctly count down to zero and keep awarding bonus? Do they get stuck at a particular value, and later continue?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

What are the bonus lights (just above the flippers) doing when this happens? Do they correctly count down to zero and keep awarding bonus? Do they get stuck at a particular value, and later continue?

They count down correctly and this additional bonus gets added.
Mike

#4 3 years ago

I seem to remember another post or two about a similar situation and the Hole sw. was involved. You may want to search here for it. Have you noticed any movement from in that area as bonus is running down?

Capture (resized).pngCapture (resized).png

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

They count down correctly and this additional bonus gets added.
Mike

If the bonus lights count down correctly and the 1000s are added correctly and then the bonus lights stay on 0 while a few more 1000s are added, check the adjustment of the Zero Position switches on the Bonus unit to make sure they're clearly opening when they should.

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the bonus lights count down correctly and the 1000s are added correctly and then the bonus lights stay on 0 while a few more 1000s are added, check the adjustment of the Zero Position switches on the Bonus unit to make sure they're clearly opening when they should.
For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

Good Point. I will check that and see.
Thanks
Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spirit-of-76-bonus-adds-to-many-at-end-of-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.