(Topic ID: 199477)

gottlieb spin wheel reset problem-1968 4 player

By pinnut

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

during a reset, the ball unit resets, but doesnt step up to player 1 when the ball goes over the trough switch. if i step it up manually to ball one, the game plays well. once zb( ist ball relay) is tripped by initial scoring , the trough switch works and the ball count unit will step up 4 times to player 2, and play A COMPLETE GAME.

zb trips when you power up the game, thru the hold relay.that makes sense, so the trough switch will work. however, when the control bank resets, zb is reset, and in the reset position, the trough switch wont work. the control bank resets before the ball kicks out of the outhole, making the trough switch dead. . should the control bank not reset until the ball goes over the trough? i dont remember that being true, ive started many a gottlieb game with no ball, and i believe it would fully reset, just not show player one until the ball kicked into the shooter lane
am i wrong about that? .

the schematic shows no other path on a reset for the ball count unit to set up , except thru zb.

also, on reset, will the ball count unit just kick once to player one, or multiple times, like a one player game ? hope i have explained this clearly.

thanks much

#2 6 years ago

I would check the circuits that contain the trough switch and the ball count step up solenoid. Follow the schematic from the transformer to the coils to see what switches might be mis-adjusted in those circuits. Also, it's easier to troubleshoot issues when the machine is in the "one player" mode...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spin-wheel-reset-problem-1968-4-player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.