Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9510 (resized).JPG
IMG_9508 (resized).JPG
IMG_9509 (resized).JPG
IMG_9507 (resized).JPG
IMG_9506 (resized).JPG
IMG_9505 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

We picked up a 61 Flipper Parade last week. The spin wheel lines up perfectly sometimes and slowly gets its self off line to where the numbers form a V and there is nothing to hit. I've also noticed that even if the number seems "close enough" to straight it will not award the extra ball unless it's perfectly straight. I thought it was just mis aligned on the axle or loose on it but it seems to be tight and lines up half the time. I put new tighter springs on it and helped the wheel from wiggling which is what made me think it was loose on the axle. Removing this to work on it looks like a ton of solder work! Any help and suggestions are appreciated. I'm including pics of each layer of the mech.

#2 6 years ago

Two more because it refused to upload them in the original post:

IMG_9505 (resized).JPGIMG_9505 (resized).JPG

IMG_9506 (resized).JPGIMG_9506 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

Grrrr it deleted all my originals.

IMG_9507 (resized).JPGIMG_9507 (resized).JPG

IMG_9509 (resized).JPGIMG_9509 (resized).JPG

IMG_9508 (resized).JPGIMG_9508 (resized).JPG

IMG_9510 (resized).JPGIMG_9510 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago

I'll recheck that but hat is why I changed the springs because the others weren't tight and there was play in the ratchets. It is appearing that it is a certain section of the wheel that doesn't line up and the other half does. I will double check ratchets this afternoon.

#7 6 years ago

Well I was correct that it wasn't the ratchets. The new springs were working for those. It was in fact the first thing I thought it was but had eliminated - The set screws were slipping on the axle. This time I took a sharpie and marked the axle and the wiper board and ran it through a bunch of rotations. They were way off when I was finished. It's working great now. Just need to adjust a few switches for better contact and I'll have a darn good looking Flipper Parade. Thanks for the input as always!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spin-wheel-flipper-parade-help?tu=kingnine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.