(Topic ID: 155204)

Gottlieb Spin-A-Card Score Card Pins and Wires?

By MarkyMarkUK

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MarkyMarkUK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi
First post, just bought my first EM Pinball. A Gottlieb Spin a Card. In the backbox there are several pins that dictate the scores required for players to qualify for a free game, or at least I believe that's what they are!!!

However, although a couple of these wires/pins has tiny stickers around them indicating what number they are, e.g. 2, 6, 8, but the other labels have obviously dropped off in the past. My question.. Anyone got a schematic that they could reveal the wire colours and what numbers they are? Or how could I find out which wire/pin is which number?

Thanks for any help.

#2 5 years ago

Go get some labels to have on hand and a pen or marker.

Unplug any pins in the jones plug so it is empty. Lay aside your conductors with labels on them.

Start with the 1st unlabeled conductor and plug it into the "0" port.

With the playfield glass off and playfield up, start a game - to get it to go to ball 1 of course you have to close the outhole switch and then close the tunnel switch. Now run the score up until you hear the knocker go off. I see your kick-out holes score 200 points. Find a feature that will run the score up as fast as possible.

Your knocker should go off at one of these - 1,000,2,000, 3,000, etc., all the way up to 9,000. Mark the correct number on each unlabeled conductor and you're ready to go.

I see factory default high score replays for Spin a Card are 5900, 6500, 7100, and 7700.

Good game btw!

#3 5 years ago

Many thanks for the advice. Will give that a go as I do have the playfield glass off at the moment. Just hope the Knocker is working, lol!!!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside