You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball2 (resized).png
Pinball3 (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Last night, I was playing my Gottlieb Spin-A-Card and it was playing normally until I started a new game and now the game is constantly doing its reset cycle. I checked to see if the coin mechs were open and they are, so I wouldn't think it's them. The score relays are reset to 0 and stop there. The DB switch (far right) keeps popping back out of place on the reset bank, and I'm wondering if it's the culprit behind this. Any ideas? Here are a couple of YouTube links of what it's doing. I'll take any other videos if anyone needs them. Thanks for any help!

#2 6 years ago

Do you have the schematic? Look at all the switches that run the motor for the first clue on the trail.

#3 6 years ago

Not sure how to read a schematic. I'm brand new to this and this is the first table I've had that has one included. I'm all for learning though!

#4 6 years ago

coin switch jammed closed?

#5 6 years ago

I wish it was a simple as the coin door, but I already checked and both switches are open.

#6 6 years ago

Here's a fragment of a Gottlieb schematic showing the 10 switches that run the motor. All have one wire that's Yellow&Red, and looking elsewhere on the schematic I can see that the other wire on every one is Red&White. Or if you'd like to email me a copy of the schematic I'll be able to give more specific advice about where to look.

#7 6 years ago

I have the schematic here, so I can email it to you.

#8 6 years ago

Email sent in PM

#9 6 years ago

Here are the switches that can make the motor run, and a list of what relays they're on.

Pinball3 (resized).pngPinball3 (resized).png

Pinball2 (resized).pngPinball2 (resized).png

#10 6 years ago

I don't see the DB switch in that list, though. Is that something different, or what should I look for?

EDIT: Never mind, I overlooked it. So it's the Reset relay that keeps firing. What would be causing that?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from dylandckr:

So it's the Reset relay that keeps firing. What would be causing that?

I can't tell for sure because the schematics you sent me are incomplete (see right side)

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#12 6 years ago

You indicate that the reset stalls at score reel 0 reset. Although the score reels are set to 0 it may well not be sufficient 'punch' to satisfy the reset. In turn jumper the two wires leading into the zero position switch of each score reel at a time. If the reset at one point is completed that is the score reel zero pos switch which needs to be re-adjusted to effect the 'punch'. If you have difficulty in identifying the zero pos switch of each score reel pls refer to Clays' guide on pinrepair.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

I can't tell for sure because the schematics you sent me are incomplete (see right side)

Oh! Sorry about that, I didn't see it was cut off. I'll have to send it to you here again in a little bit as I'm not home right now.

#14 6 years ago

Alright, I have an actual scan of the schematic that I'm about to email to you now.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

You indicate that the reset stalls at score reel 0 reset. Although the score reels are set to 0 it may well not be sufficient 'punch' to satisfy the reset. In turn jumper the two wires leading into the zero position switch of each score reel at a time. If the reset at one point is completed that is the score reel zero pos switch which needs to be re-adjusted to effect the 'punch'. If you have difficulty in identifying the zero pos switch of each score reel pls refer to Clays' guide on pinrepair.

The guy who sold it to me is gonna come out on tuesday and have a look at it. He says he thinks it's something simple that got jarred loose when it was in either his or my car. I'll be sure to show him your comment. Thanks!

#16 6 years ago

I visited Dylan yesterday and I'm happy to announce that we fixed this problem.

Resolution:
The cause of the "endless reset" was a coin door switch that needed adjustment. Once it was adjusted to allow for an open switch, the game booted as expected.

Marcus

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spin-a-card-endless-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.