• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1410 (resized).JPG
IMG_1407 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_4896 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider larpo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have recently started to restore a Gottlieb spin a card. I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. the schematic indicates that there are two circuits off the transformer one feeds the lights and they work the other feeds the fippers, bumpers, roll over switches, etc and they don't work. Pushing the start button activates the rack reset but thats it. All suggestions would be appreciated.
Larpo

#3 7 years ago

OK I got it working. The reels did reset and I put a ball in play. Now tell me what and where is the ball in play unit I need to clean. Also what is the "pf"? I live in northern michigan small town not a lot of EM repair guys around.
Thanks for your help it's a good start

#6 7 years ago

OK a couple more questions. At the bottom of the back box there is a row of lamps (10) in small holes my fingers don't fit into to change the lamps.I tried plyers and broke the bulb. Any suggestions? Also the 15 amp fuse off the transformer has blown twice I have checked to see if there is voltage leaking from the trans to ground, nothing. Any ideas?

#9 7 years ago

Thanks all I will try them

1 week later
#10 7 years ago

OK one more problem. There are cards in the playfield that light up when certain rollovers are hit and there are similar ones on the back box but they will not light and I can't figure out what actuates them. Any suggestions?

#12 7 years ago

TimMe
Thanks for your suggestions. The spin relay was very dirty. I took it apart and cleaned it.Some of the cards have been lighting up. Your message suggests that there is a stepper unit and that the cards should spin, they don't. There are two relays on the bottom board one says "Spin Pulse" and the other says "Spin Delay". I assume the pulse relay is what selects the card. What makes this relay pulse? I have also replaced all the lamps. I have heard that there is a tool that can be purchased for cleaning the sockets, is there one?

Larry

1 week later
#14 7 years ago

Another problem, or question the special when lit lights don't light. What is suppose to turn them on?

#17 7 years ago

I think the spin is working. I'm not sure if correctly. A card lights and a different one comes on during play. I tried to watch the system and it does ratchet the spring and I saw the spinner spin, it does not spin for long about 1 second. I'm not sure what to expect.I'm pretty new at this. I think I'm pretty mechanically inclined but this is a challenge.

#19 7 years ago

Vic
I forced all the cards to light and the special light at the return hole goes on and off but the light at the target does not. I replaced the lamp and cleaned the socket but still no light. What makes it alternate?

TimMe
What makes the ratchet work? How do I make the spin function work manually?
Different cards do light during play but usually only 2or3 cards.

#21 7 years ago

I cleaned the socket at the target again and now it is working. What is the AS unit? What is suppose to happen when a card is lit? Also there are 10 lights along the bottom of the back box what are they for and what turns them on?

#24 7 years ago

OTAKU
Thanks for your explanation. It appears to be very complete. Unfortunately I don't understand some of the portion pertaining to the match unit and what and where it is. There is a unit that looks like the spin unit and just left of it from the front end with a large bakelite disc on it.
If I push the plunger it releases something but I don't know what.
At the end of the game one of the 10 numbers in the bottom row lights, what does that mean?
Most of the game seems to be working OK considering it has been sitting unused in a hunting cabin for the last 10-15 years. I've replaced all the rubber and lamps, cleaned and polished the playfield, cleaned the contacts on the spin unit in the backbox. This match business has me baffeled.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider larpo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spin-a-card-1?tu=larpo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.