Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Batcade
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have a #The Amazing Spider-man sys 80 that I can play for hours and days than suddenly in the middle off a game the displays goes black/turn off and all coils won’t work, only the flipper/bat coils work, and the switches work in that sense that when the ball hitting them it registers sound. You can play but nothing on the displays and when hitting a sourcer the ball won’t eject or when feeding a new ball to the shooter lane.
The game is not reliable, sometimes weeks in between and sometimes just minutes/hours but not specially often. It has also happened in attract mode that the displays just turned off. You can’t start a new credit/game when this happens.
Where should I look? I would be grateful if this could narrows down to a specific board or connector, if possible. You often see - re-pin all connectors - regarding gottlieb sys1/80, that I am not into. The boards have been renovated by a professional, but he lives in Netherlands and I am in Sweden.
All ideas will be grateful received!!
/Marcus

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcus:

You often see - re-pin all connectors - regarding gottlieb sys1/80, that I am not into.

Unfortunately this is often stated for a good reason. If the connector contacts are all originals, good chance that these can be the cause of lots of issues.

#3 4 years ago

Do you have schematics?

Also maybe add details on whatever else is working or not working. Right now sounds like power to driver board and displays... signals get back to switch matrix to sound and score etc... but then doesn’t respond, kick outs ... which are controlled by other boards.

Are all the playfield and back lights general illumination working? Do the controlled lights come on when they are supposed to? A and B and free balls and specials, green 10000 lights, etc... poppers work? Bumpers?

#4 4 years ago

... do drop target banks reset when they are all down?

#5 4 years ago

Loose pin/connection on the driver to mpu harness perhaps?

The connector pins on my spidey were so badly corroded they basically crumbled when unplugged.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Hardware
86Pixels
Hardware
$ 9.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spiderman-strange-issue?hl=srcdube and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.