Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220321_123552 (resized).jpg
20220320_185347 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hi there, I'm trying to diagnose a GI problem I've just started having. I am changing the bulbs to LED and in the midst of doing the playfield GI bulbs, I somehow blew the F2 playfield fuse. Ive read through a few posts, and have checked all tabs on my sockets and everything seems to be fine with no shorts on the sockets. I made a test lamp fuse and inserted it into fuse holder and it continually stays lit. Ive unsoldered all the lamp sockets and have tested the BR, which reads just under 400 and cannot get the lights to come back on the fuse will continually blow. Should I be looking at the driver board for an issue? if anyone can help point me in the right direction to diagnose this issue I would appreciate the help and direction!

20220320_185347 (resized).jpg20220320_185347 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Had something very similar was a bad led that came loose from the base and shorted internally

#3 2 years ago

Exgametrader I've removed all the GI lamps and and disconnected every socket. I thought it was a bad socket so I went through each one. Still nothing

#4 2 years ago

Does this machine have the grounding mod?

#5 2 years ago

@dr_spidey. Yes it does. On the connector from mpu to driver board, correct?

20220321_123552 (resized).jpg20220321_123552 (resized).jpg
#6 2 years ago

When does the fuse blow, when you turn the power on or when you start a game?

#7 2 years ago

PinballDr as soon you power the game on. Can start and play a game with no issues other than no GI.

#8 2 years ago

I don't have the schematics, but check the tilt relay for a short. I believe the GI goes thru that relay.

1 week later
#9 2 years ago

Did you fix your problem?

#10 2 years ago

I found a few shorts in the GI lamps sockets. I should have it fixed soon

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spiderman-f2-fuse-blowing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.