Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by rolf_martin_062
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0Jumping-Jack-from-Top-Score (resized).jpg
4A3BCF74-458B-4D27-8C2D-F88AED9A8C2B (resized).jpeg
Royal Flush Player Unit cams (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

What is the proper stack up for the cam wheels in the player unit on a Gottlieb 2-Player Solar City (and probably a lot of similar 2-player machines)? I am working on a 1977 Solar City game where the cogs on the 3rd and 4th wheels (the red ones which control the score runout at machine reset) are positioned between ball 4 and ball 5 on the first two cam wheels. As a result, during a 5-ball game, when the machine goes from ball 4 to ball 5, the scores get messed up because of the attempted runout and the player unit does not advance all the way to the ball 5 position. If I rotate these cam wheels 180 degrees, it places the runout cogs between balls 1 and 2 and the same problem occurs there.

There is another set of holes that will allow the 3rd and 4th wheels to be in a different rotational position relative to the first two wheels. Using these holes places the runout cogs somewhere in the middle of ball play (I think somewhere in the ball 2 to ball 3 position), and the 180 degree position places the last runout cog at the zero position, exactly lined up with the player 1, ball 1 cog on the first wheel. I have not tried placing the wheels in this position yet, but I am thinking this may prevent proper runout of the player 2 scores at game reset.

So I'm looking for some way of knowing what the intended position of these two cam wheels is as I am not sure that this unit was disassembled and then re-assembled incorrectly by a prior owner.

#2 10 months ago
Quoted from gigawatt:

What is the proper stack up for the cam wheels in the player unit on a Gottlieb 2-Player Solar City (and probably a lot of similar 2-player machines)?

The game manual (available from Pinball Resource and others) will probably have a diagram showing the relative position of the Player Unit cams like this one for Royal Flush:
Royal Flush Player Unit cams (resized).jpg
/Mark

#3 10 months ago

Here is the one from Solar City manual. Good luck fixing your game.

4A3BCF74-458B-4D27-8C2D-F88AED9A8C2B (resized).jpeg
#4 10 months ago

Hi gigawatt +
jeffc shows the "generic means good for all" Gottlieb 2-Player-Pin Player-Unit. I show from "Top Score" the gears mirrowed --- means it is like we stand behind the Backbox and look towards the player - look along the axis, see first the steel ratched - and on the cams --- the Player-Unit is in Home-Position means ready for Player-1 to play ball-1. My JPG is an old one --- I already showed it here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-tech-help-jumping-jack#post-4691965 --- quite a detailled discusson on Gottlieb-2-Player-Player-Units. Greetings Rolf
0Jumping-Jack-from-Top-Score (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 49.00
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 14.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.50
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside