(Topic ID: 280581)

Gottlieb Solar City double bonus weird problem.

By denisn72

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by denisn72
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Solar City bonus problem (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Hi pinside members,

I have a Gottlieb Solar City 1977 with a weird problem. It is set to play 3 ball game. When the first ball drains I get double bonus. When the second ball drains I get double bonus too. The double bonus light is off for the first two balls. But when the third ball drains I get single bonus even the double bonus light is on. I did not find anything on that forum about that kind of problem. Someone has an any ideas? Thanks for your help!

#2 3 years ago

I don't have a Solar City schematic, but I'm assuming it's similar enough to Target Alpha that I would look at the switch circled in red. It's acting like the switch is open for the first two balls, and then closes for the third, which is backwards from the way it should work. The wires on it should be Black+Red on one side and Green-Yellow on the other, and it looks like it's the only switch on the K relay. Make sure the relay is operating, and that switch is opening/closing correctly. That switch should be closed until the relay pulls in, then it should open.

Solar City bonus problem (resized).JPGSolar City bonus problem (resized).JPG

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

I don't have a Solar City schematic, but I'm assuming it's similar enough to Target Alpha that I would look at the switch circled in red. It's acting like the switch is open for the first two balls, and then closes for the third, which is backwards from the way it should work. The wires on it should be Black+Red on one side and Green-Yellow on the other, and it looks like it's the only switch on the K relay. Make sure the relay is operating, and that switch is opening/closing correctly. That switch should be closed until the relay pulls in, then it should open.
[quoted image]

Thanks for your answer paulace,

The K switch on Solar City should be open for the first two balls and close for the last ball. I guess it is the normal for the Solar City. The relay activates at the last ball and closes the switch. Maybe someone did something wrong before me. I reversed the switch because it was impossible to open it when relay was activated. It was the opposite. Now it works as it should. Thanks at lot and best regards.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-solar-city-double-bonus-weird-problem?hl=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.