You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D8200FC9-122B-4E44-A104-FF988A416108 (resized).jpeg
B00AD786-D346-4E53-8134-1F2AF27A0BB5 (resized).jpeg
86CECA17-26B0-4B63-86A3-8C8B07E87529 (resized).jpeg
2D7CC9F9-7624-4C1C-AE3C-63FD962117E3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Every time I've suspected that I may have a bad transformer, it's turned out to be something else. Usually a bad fuse holder.

That's why I check fuses through the fuse holder. I put one side of a continuity meter on one fuse solder lug and the other on the opposite solder lug with the fuse in the holder. If I get solid continuity, I know that not only is the fuse good but so is the holder.

I find an ohm meter to be much more useful than a volt meter. I'd check for any possible continuity (open circuit) issues before I would begin checking voltages. Because, the former is much more likely than the latter.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Now that I know 25V is available I want to make sure all the switches are in the correct state before powering up.
When I look at the control bar and manually work the armatures, not much is happening with the switches on them.
If anyone owns a working Soccer, can you send me a photo of how the control bars are setup?[quoted image]

Peruman,

The state of the switches with the game off isn't really important. When you start a game and the arm resets the bank, all the relays will lock into the same state regardless of what position they started at. If you manually pressed the bar down you've already locked all the relays into the same position.

I would just plug it in and try to start a game and go from there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-soccer-no-25v-on-transformer?tu=edednedy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.