• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_5_Broken_SB1_1C (resized).jpg
_4_Broken_SB1_1C (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

The SB1 relay on the control bank of the Soccer I'm working on has a broken Make/Break switch. The wire attachment spot for the middle of the Make/Break snapped off. I tried taking apart the stack to replace the broken blade, but the switch stack seems to be glued together. Is there a good way to separate this without damaging the metal switch parts?

That charred wire is a connection from the NC side of the make/break on SB1 to one of the NC switches on the QX relay bank. Ohming out all of the connections did not find the short, but the root cause is probably the 30A fuse that is being used where a 15A fuse should. This game needs two 10A and a 15A fuse, instead it has a 7A slow blow and 2 30A's. These will be replaced for the correct components before re-powering this machine.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Alberto

_4_Broken_SB1_1C (resized).jpg_4_Broken_SB1_1C (resized).jpg_5_Broken_SB1_1C (resized).jpg_5_Broken_SB1_1C (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

I would use a small flat tip screwdriver.

#3 4 years ago

I use a xacto knife sometimes to pry between and separate the insulators. Just be careful not to stick yourself or break off a part of the blade (eg. wear safety glasses).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-soccer-fixing-a-broken-make-break-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.