2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by sdriche
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I have a 1975 Gottlieb Soccer I had working 100%. All of a sudden the ball would not kick out after the startup, 2 player stopped working, and now I have other weird issues
    1) Start up seems to go through normal cycle, scores reset to zero, score motor turns and stops, reset bank resets and the ZB 1st ball reset engages, but no ball kick out
    2) If I push the button on the coin tray to add a player, it kicks up balls on the back board, and racks up 510 points
    3) If I hit the flippers, it slowly moves the tens score reel (no ball in play)
    4) The tens score reel is humming constantly after start up.

I have a schematic but don't know how to read it. This is my first EM game. Any help is appreciated!!

#2 2 years ago

Sounds like you have a 10 point switch stuck. Do not leave the machine running very long with that coil humming, otherwise you will burn the coil out.

Here is a good post on reading schematics
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pinball-circuits-basics-to-not-so-basic

#3 2 years ago

would a stuck 10 point switch cause any of the other issues? The machine is off until I get it resolved.

#4 2 years ago

Get the stuck switch sorted out first then see if the other problems disappear or still exist.

#5 2 years ago

Sorry for the newbie question, but will the switch issue be on the score reel itself or could be something else holding the coil engaged ? The challenge I have is where and how to start diagnosis....

#6 2 years ago

Stuck switch is probably on the playfield around the margins. Check especially the slingshot kicker rubbers and anything that scores 10 points. I don’t have a schematic, but someone with the game or schematics could identify 10 point features.

#7 2 years ago

SOLVED - You are all AWESOME!!! I looked at the schematic and the red/white wires were connected to the 10 point switches. One of the 2 spinners in the middle of the playfield was stuck closed. I adjusted, reset and now ALL the issues seem to be fixed. Thank you very very much for the help everyone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-soccer-em-weird-issues- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.