Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 62 days ago by sedlacek
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

83BE6C6D-20CE-43D8-B212-EF5BB43B81BC (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

#1 65 days ago

I have a strange issue on my snowqueen 1970 that i have bought as a non working machine.
The game always starts with player 2 ball one every time,when i check the cam reset point it actuates stack 2 instead of stack 1 as supposed(one step ahead)..But here comes the strange thing,if I "fold down" the player unit in the backbox and start a game everything works correct as long as its folded down!
I cant find any obvius shorts or lose lugs.I have tried adjusting the plate also if it was incorrect mounted.
Maybe the previos owner has put it toghether the wrongway?
Any inputs about this behavour??

#2 65 days ago

A first step might be to determine whether it's an electrical or mechanical issue. If you listen carefully (or use a bulb tester) you should be able to count the number of pulses or steps the Player Unit is getting at the start of a new game. If you get the same number of pulses when it's up as when it does when it's folded down that would imply that the circuit is consistent and that the Player Unit is mechanically taking an extra step in the upright position.

/Mark

#3 65 days ago

Maybe the Player unit is physically binding against something when you put it into the up position. I had a Gottlieb game that shorted against the lamp sockets once. Every time you would close it up, the fuse would blow. The unit seemed like it was pulling up tighter than usual. I put a spacer in to give a little slop to it and it's worked fine ever since.

Put a washer or two in between so it doesn't go up quite so tight and see if that helps.

#4 64 days ago

Mark,that is a good advice,i will put the bulb on it and record it so i can count in slow motion.
Edednedy,i cant find anything physicaly interupting the PU,I tried also to have it folded only half way down etc but it only works when its fully tilted down.
Thx for your replies!

#5 63 days ago

When i put a bulb and record it i can se that the PU gets 5 pulses,and thats one step to much every time.Thats why it doesent works in 1player mode but in 4player it only steps one at a time and works.
This i strange.Has anybody ab idéa why it pulses/steps 5 times??

#6 63 days ago
Quoted from sedlacek:

When i put a bulb and record it i can se that the PU gets 5 pulses,and thats one step to much every time.Thats why it doesent works in 1player mode but in 4player it only steps one at a time and works.
This i strange.Has anybody ab idéa why it pulses/steps 5 times??

This part of the circuit controls how many pulses get to the Add Player unit solenoid.

Motor 2C sends the 1st pulse
Then Player Unit switch P2G and relay PB2 switch control whether it steps past the 2nd player position
Then Player Unit switch P3G and relay PB3 switch control whether it steps past the 3rd player position
Then Player Unit switch P4G and relay PB4 switch control whether it steps past the 4th player position

That's a total of 4 pulses. If any one of those 4 circuits are stuck closed, all 5 Motor 1A pulses will make it to the Add Player unit solenoid. In your case, start by checking the Player Unit switches. You can put paper in between the contact points, and look to see whether the solder lugs are shorted together.
pasted_image (resized).png

#7 62 days ago
Quoted from HowardR:

This part of the circuit controls how many pulses get to the Add Player unit solenoid.
Motor 2C sends the 1st pulse
Then Player Unit switch P2G and relay PB2 switch control whether it steps past the 2nd player position
Then Player Unit switch P3G and relay PB3 switch control whether it steps past the 3rd player position
Then Player Unit switch P4G and relay PB4 switch control whether it steps past the 4th player position
That's a total of 4 pulses. If any one of those 4 circuits are stuck closed, all 5 Motor 1A pulses will make it to the Add Player unit solenoid. In your case, start by checking the Player Unit switches. You can put paper in between the contact points, and look to see whether the solder lugs are shorted together.
[quoted image]

Thx.
Yes,after adjusting/clearing the P2g,P3g,P4g,Those Where a bit missadjusted its now plays fine in one player game.
In multiplayer it sometimes skips over player 2,ball 2 and sometimes also player 4 random balls.
So player 1 and 3 is now ok.
I have checked pb2,pb3,pb4 and they seem ok.
I cant figure out what im missing..

#8 62 days ago
Quoted from sedlacek:

it sometimes skips over player 2,ball 2 and sometimes also player 4 random balls

Quoted from HowardR:

#9 62 days ago

Problem solved.

The coil on the PU had very long travel although it worked when steping manual,but when the coil fired it sometimes took some step/steps to much and skiped players.
Now it works fine with the adjusted switch stacks on the PU.
Thx Howard and everyone for inputs!

83BE6C6D-20CE-43D8-B212-EF5BB43B81BC (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 64.95
$ 7.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods
$ 221.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside