Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ExitWound
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

This is the weirdest problem. Working on a Big Hurt. The smart switches for TRADE and CARDS only work with your finger. They work 100% during test mode and they work during game play 100% with your finger. When you attempt to trigger them with a ball hit in test mode or in game, they don't trigger. Is there a reason why this would be? Even smacking them with the ball on the side of the target during the game doesn't trigger them. Are they being closed too quickly for the CPU to see?

Any thoughts? I also have a StarGate with the same switches and they are perfect. Can't figure this one out.

#2 3 years ago

Can't give you a reason other than a flakey switch. I had a couple that would work for a few games then intermittently, then work again. I'd just replace with another or standard leaf as they can't be adjusted.

#3 3 years ago

buy a new one from pinball resource

#4 3 years ago

I have had success disassembling the stack, dry wiping the pieces and reassembling to get smart switches working again.

And while you could replace a smart switch with a standard leaf, to me, that's only worthwhile if it's a switch wherd the wires are soldered. If it's a switch with a connector then you'd have to cut off the harness connector, strip the wires and solder. At that point it's just easier to swap in a new smart switch.

viperrwk

#5 3 years ago

So this is what it ended up being - they weren't smart switches. We thought they were after glancing at them. Turns out that the harnesses were cut and standard switches were put in their places. Awesome.

We have them working like 50% of the time now after removing the foam padding behind the target. I guess that the switch sends a different length pulse when the ball contacts it in play. Only about half the time do the switches trigger properly. The end result is a less than thrilling TRADE CARDS feature of the table.

We found them available at PBResource, but at $10 each, eek. We don't have the connector anymore on the wiring harness even if we buy them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Maasmechelen, VLAANDEREN
$ 14.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 9.10
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
€ 45.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 189.99
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 106.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside